Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Bats

Featured Replies

What are some of the hot bats for 2009?

  • Replies 37
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Exo-Grid, New Stealths are supposed to be nice, and also the new Nike bats. Take your pick I believe bats have to do with more how a person likes how it feels rather than the performance. Most of the top of the line bats these days are pretty much the exact same in performance.

Black Exo-Grid, New Stealths are supposed to be nice, and also the new Nike bats. Take your pick I believe bats have to do with more how a person likes how it feels rather than the performance. Most of the top of the line bats these days are pretty much the exact same in performance.

 

I haven't done any research yet. Was there any change made to the Exo or did they simply paint it a new color for 2009 (as they did it 2008 when they painted it white instead of red, but the bat was the exact same).

 

I lost all faith the the Stealth flex bat technology. The trampoline effect may work in golf, but not baseball. Those bats lose their pop the quickest of any I've seen, and at $300+, that ain't a good thing. :irked:

I haven't done any research yet. Was there any change made to the Exo or did they simply paint it a new color for 2009 (as they did it 2008 when they painted it white instead of red, but the bat was the exact same).

 

I lost all faith the the Stealth flex bat technology. The trampoline effect may work in golf, but not baseball. Those bats lose their pop the quickest of any I've seen, and at $300+, that ain't a good thing. :irked:

Miken is the Cadilac of bats for softball and baseball.
Miken is the Cadilac of bats for softball and baseball.

 

Personal preference. My son swears by his Exo, hits well with it, and doesn't want anything else in his hands. When you get to these very top end bats, there really isn't all that much difference in them and it just comes down to feel and personal perference.

Your probably right, they all have to follow the same regulations.

Miken is the Cadilac of bats for softball and baseball.
.

Are you a Miken rep? If so, can you get a discount?;)

Your probably right, they all have to follow the same regulations.

 

Yes, there are bat exit speed ratios that they can't exceed, though it's certainly possible that some of the bats get closer to the top end of this figure than others (they don't release the actual figures, only certify that the don't exceed them). But with the high dollar bats, it's no doubt negligible.

I have used Mikens in softball and most of the bats that are the best end up outlawed after the first year. I bought my son one of the youth mikens and it has more pop than any youth bat probably should.

Personal preference. My son swears by his Exo, hits well with it, and doesn't want anything else in his hands. When you get to these very top end bats, there really isn't all that much difference in them and it just comes down to feel and personal perference.

 

Would the Demarini Vexxum be considered a top end bat? He is very young (9) and I doubt that it makes a big difference which bat he uses. I buy into the personal preference and feel idea. I bought him a 2008 exo-grid bat last year and he did not like it. He went back to his Omaha TPS hand me down bat that was about 6 years old and started hitting the ball better. IMO, probably boils down to mind games.

I haven't done any research yet. Was there any change made to the Exo or did they simply paint it a new color for 2009 (as they did it 2008 when they painted it white instead of red, but the bat was the exact same).

 

I lost all faith the the Stealth flex bat technology. The trampoline effect may work in golf, but not baseball. Those bats lose their pop the quickest of any I've seen, and at $300+, that ain't a good thing. :irked:

 

But besides the flex technology, the weight distribution is much different in the Easton bat the the Exogrid.

But besides the flex technology, the weight distribution is much different in the Easton bat the the Exogrid.

 

Very true...same size Easton feels different than size Exogrid. The stiff handle Easton seems to have more durability than the flex Easton. My son has used his for season and a half, hoping to get another one out of it.

I haven't done any research yet. Was there any change made to the Exo or did they simply paint it a new color for 2009 (as they did it 2008 when they painted it white instead of red, but the bat was the exact same).

 

I lost all faith the the Stealth flex bat technology. The trampoline effect may work in golf, but not baseball. Those bats lose their pop the quickest of any I've seen, and at $300+, that ain't a good thing. :irked:

 

It is very true that it's all hitter preference and style, and while I agree the trampoline effect isn't as useful in baseball, my younger brother used one of his teammates Stealth flex bats while playing this summer, and absolutely loved it. Says he hit the ball further than with a stiff bat and claimed a few balls he put out he didn't catch near solid at all, but he relies mostly on strong hands, so it seems the technology worked in his direction. I personally agree with you, but I was never a longball hitter.

It really all comes down to how the player feels and how he swings with it. Some bats might hit the same distance but if one likes the feel of the bat better he'll use it. If anything he'll have a confident swing than always thinking about his bat.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.