Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 90 Tennessee 72

Featured Replies

I'm right here, if you're talking about me, and I stand by my statement.

 

 

 

:thumb: They kept talking about how he was playing his speed and his game, and wasn't making bad decisions and they were right.

 

I actually wasn't talking about you but :laugh::laugh::laugh:

  • Replies 193
  • Views 22k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reaching what? You mean to tell me you'd be blind sided by an amazing performance and the celebration that followed on your home court lightly and move on? Yeah right, you have your opinion and I have mine but theres no way you take lightly to those kind of things. If this would have been someone else lighting it up at rupp and they celebrated I guarantee someone else would bring that up or your not very passionate about your team and school.

 

This is college basketball, this was a record breaking, amazing performance,IMO (I know you have yours) the celebration for Meeks was worth anything Mr. Pearl can come up with next game to be mad about. The Vols should have D'ed up with their hamburger all-american and stopped Meeks if they didn't like what was going on. Meeks shot looked like it had rader, awsome.:p

Well end it on that and get back on topic!:thumb:

 

He might use the cliche'd line of "you let him come in to our house and score 54" but he'll say absolutely nothing about the celebration. I guarantee you he's got no problem with it.

 

While you guys were squabbling about how Pearl will address this I think Meeks just hit another 3 from the top step of the team bus.....

No one on UT's team or coaching staff was mad or upset about UK celebrating Jodie Meek's historic night. They were all embarrassed and ready to get out of sight. If T Smith put up 54 tonight, what would the Vols have done?? Mobbed the crap out of him, and the UT fans may have stormed the floor.

 

I think storming the courts a little stretched but UT fans would have wanted to celebrate something!

While you guys were squabbling about how Pearl will address this I think Meeks just hit another 3 from the top step of the team bus.....

 

I thought they said he hit it from the border of Kentucky and UT? Maybe I mis heard it! :thumb:

I actually wasn't talking about you but :laugh::laugh::laugh:

 

So you really don't think he forces too many shots usually?

So you really don't think he forces too many shots usually?

 

I think he should force a few more shots usually.

This is college basketball, this was a record breaking, amazing performance,IMO (I know you have yours) the celebration for Meeks was worth anything Mr. Pearl can come up with next game to be mad about. The Vols should have D'ed up with their hamburger all-american and stopped Meeks if they didn't like what was going on. Meeks shot looked like it had rader, awsome.:p

 

Thank you:thumb:, I just stated my opinion and didnt know everyones had to be the same. But I never said Meeks performance didnt deserve celebration, I was amazed by it myself as it was/prolly will be the best performance I ever witness, I just thought they could have shaked their hands and then celebrated is all! :p

Over on TCP some are saying that Liggins walked out of practice today so that may be why he did not see the floor...

 

BCG just said it was a "coach's decision" on not playing Liggins tonight...

I wonder who'll be the SEC Player of the Week? :confused:

Riddle me this...one guy in double figures and you win on road by 18?

It does help that one double figure scorer was a guy who hung 54.

 

I thought tonight was Darius Miller's best game.

Patterson is just getting the crap kicked out of him in the post.

Porter was simply solid.

Signature win for BCG.

 

Still got to take care of business, this is the first of 4 out of 5 on the road.

 

Liggins situation will take care of itself.

 

As for Pearl...I am not a big fan...I will give him credit...however, I still think he is a "one trick pony"

His teams thrive off chaos. If they dont get turnovers off their press they will struggle. They simply do not guard for any length of time in the halfcourt. On offense, they take gosh-awful bad shots...especially in crunch time...they dont know where to feed the ball...they need to feed Chism in the post and get the ball to Smith at the elbow and let him slice and dice. Instead they have guys just take awful shots. The last few years they had Lofton who Billy Donovan called the "best worst shot taker he had ever seen."

I may be wrong, but didnt he start Hopson out on Meeks to start the game?

How can you put easily one of your worst defenders on Meeks?

 

As mentioned earlier...great few days of pub for UK and Meeks.

While you guys were squabbling about how Pearl will address this I think Meeks just hit another 3 from the top step of the team bus.....

:laugh: I don't care who you are, that's funny right there......and probably true :D.

This is college basketball, this was a record breaking, amazing performance,IMO (I know you have yours) the celebration for Meeks was worth anything Mr. Pearl can come up with next game to be mad about. The Vols should have D'ed up with their hamburger all-american and stopped Meeks if they didn't like what was going on. Meeks shot looked like it had rader, awsome.:p

 

:thumb: Exactly, Pearl is everyones best friend when he is winning.:rolleyes: I also agree with your other statement in that if they don't like Meeks scoring like that, then stop him.;). U.T. had NO answer tonight. (I know, understatement of the year)

I can promise you Pearl and U.T. would do the same thing. U.T. got outplayed, out hustled and out coached in every phase of the game tonight.

 

 

Having said that, lets now get ready for UGA on Sunday.

I don't really think he needed to throw it behind the back, but it showed that he is gaining a lot of confidence out there.

 

He did if he wanted to be in the highlights. Although in reality every pass he made to meeks tonight was part of a potential highlight.

He did if he wanted to be in the highlights. Although in reality every pass he made to meeks tonight was part of a potential highlight.

 

ESPN showed Meeks no love on the top 10

Sorry if I missed this early, haven't had time to read the entire thread. But how sweeeet was Porter's block on Hopson?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.