Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 90 Tennessee 72

Featured Replies

If someone had told me yesterday that we would have one player in double figures, Patterson with only 9 points and we would still win on the road by 18, I would have slapped them in the mouth:lol:

 

Very proud of my cats today. The played great :thumb:

  • Replies 193
  • Views 22k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meeks is on the front page of the NCAA.com website as well. Wow, what a player!

If someone had told me yesterday that we would have one player in double figures, Patterson with only 9 points and we would still win on the road by 18, I would have slapped them in the mouth:lol:

 

Very proud of my cats today. The played great :thumb:

 

I would have done the same thing.

 

UK played very nicely, hope they can keep this going :thumb:

Just to add it was great to beat a bunch of headbanders.

RE: Hopson

 

I did not even know he was on the court last night with the exception of the few times he shot the ball. He just hung out on the perimiter the entire game. Does anyone have more arc to their shot than Hopson?

Seems like hes got some issues. I'm not so sure he is worth it either.

 

Nobody is worth it, IMO...most of the guys that might be are in the NBA. :D

Moving past the Meeks performance...

 

The thing I love about BCG's teams is the defense. They play hard, they're in shape, and they try to contest every shot. To me, I enjoyed watching that nearly as much as Meeks outburst.

Moving past the Meeks performance...

 

The thing I love about BCG's teams is the defense. They play hard, they're in shape, and they try to contest every shot. To me, I enjoyed watching that nearly as much as Meeks outburst.

 

It seems like at the end of the game they get every rebound and every loose ball. BCG has them in great shape.

I agree with you to some extent, but in the NBA Patterson will be a PF rather than a center. That will allow him to face the basket a little more and do some things a little differently than he is doing now. In other words - he won't be faced with posting Shaq up.

My point is he has not shown he can face the basket and play. I am not saying he can't but he hasn't shown anything that indicates he has a mid-range game at all.

It was refreshing last night watching all those terrible Tubby Smith recruits like Michael Porter, Ramon Harris, Perry Stevenson, Jodie Meeks, and even Patrick Patterson (I still say he was Tubby's recruit although Billy G. did land him) play a delightful basketball game as witnessed by a national television audience.

You would still be wrong about PP being Tubby's recruit.

It seems like at the end of the game they get every rebound and every loose ball. BCG has them in great shape.

 

That's two games in a row UK has blown open in the second half after being close in the first.

 

It could just be coincidence, and I certainly don't expect that to happen every game. But, I do think it is evidence of the great shape BCG gets his team in. His coaching style may result in some early struggles, but this is two years in a row that he's had his team ready to play when the games start to matter more.

 

Hopefully we won't lose a GW or VMI game next year, but if we do, my hope is that the fans will realize that's Billy's MO. Tear 'em down early, and build 'em back in time for conference play. It's hard to argue with the results he's produced in his short career as a head coach.

That's two games in a row UK has blown open in the second half after being close in the first.

 

It could just be coincidence, and I certainly don't expect that to happen every game. But, I do think it is evidence of the great shape BCG gets his team in. His coaching style may result in some early struggles, but this is two years in a row that he's had his team ready to play when the games start to matter more.

 

Hopefully we won't lose a GW or VMI game next year, but if we do, my hope is that the fans will realize that's Billy's MO. Tear 'em down early, and build 'em back in time for conference play. It's hard to argue with the results he's produced in his short career as a head coach.

 

Hey, maybe he's not the best "in game" coach in the world, but it's not like basketball is the most difficult game in the world to play. And another thing, I'll take a coach that actually gets his players in shape, actually develops them into good players, and has them playing with effort any day than a great "mastermind strategist."

  • Author

You may be right on the conditioning, but the only drawback to that is that if/when they lose early season games, they need to lose to a better quality opponent. This year it was just VMI as UNC, Miami, and UL are all respectable, but that 86 RPI for VMI is going to hover around the 100 range where it would then be considered a really bad loss.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.