Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Camels Baseball 09

Featured Replies

Camels always lose about 8 to 10 seniors, who do they have coming back, do they have any underclassman that can help?

  • Replies 39
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have some good pitching from last year's freshman and JV teams. But of course not much varsity experience with varsity consisting of mostly seniors.

Ok, jokes over. I just spoke to Matt Coffman's father and Bobby and Matt have both been at workouts with the baseball team and will both be playing this season. And Bobby's arm is doing very well and he should be throwing very well by the start of the season, not to mentioned Matt was clocked recently at Mt. St. Joes camp at 87-88 mph.

Edited by STRIKE3
removed quote

Ok, jokes over. I just spoke to Matt Coffman's father and Bobby and Matt have both been at workouts with the baseball team and will both be playing this season. And Bobby's arm is doing very well and he should be throwing very well by the start of the season, not to mentioned Matt was clocked recently at Mt. St. Joes camp at 87-88 mph.

 

His velocity must have increased a bunch because he wasn't throwing anywhere near that in high school.

His velocity must have increased a bunch because he wasn't throwing anywhere near that in high school.

Ok, to say he was clocked at 87-88 is not to say every single pitch he throws is that fast. I can assure you that he can reach that level and is consistently 80 plus. So many people want to argue that a kid doesn't throw that hard for whatever reason. Just remember, it could have only been 1 or 2 pitches that reached that level. But in high school ball, most really good pitchers are 75-78 mph, but know how to set up a good off speed pitch. A prime example is Jeramie Connor of NCC, believe it or not at last summers Ky. Kings camp I held the radar gun when he hit 82 mph 2-3 times and was consistently 77-80, but with his offspeed stuff and side arm delivery, he appears a lot quicker. I had a lot of people say that he doesn't throw that hard, but I held the gun.

Ok, jokes over. I just spoke to Matt Coffman's father and Bobby and Matt have both been at workouts with the baseball team and will both be playing this season. And Bobby's arm is doing very well and he should be throwing very well by the start of the season, not to mentioned Matt was clocked recently at Mt. St. Joes camp at 87-88 mph.

 

Though Coffman does indeed throw hard, look for him to be behind the plate, not on the mound for the Camels. Estes should be the ace, with Franzen the #3 starter. Looking for Junior lefty Adam Broering to step up and become the #2 starter, though there should be some competition from other JV pitchers from last year for that spot. JMO

His velocity must have increased a bunch because he wasn't throwing anywhere near that in high school.

 

Saw him throwing this Fall a little and would say he was well over 80. The young man can bring it. And seemed to have fairly decent control also, something which I've read he struggled with a bit in the past.

Saw him throwing this Fall a little and would say he was well over 80. The young man can bring it. And seemed to have fairly decent control also, something which I've read he struggled with a bit in the past.

 

He does throw hard but has very little movement. I hope his control has gotten better because that has been a big problem for him. Off speed pitches won't mean much if you can't get the fast ball over.

Since we are on the topic of velocity, I'd like to ask your opinion of the hardest throwers (pitchers) you've seen in the 37th in your time?

 

In my recent memory, the two hardest by far that I've seen has been Nathan Mutsch of Brossart and Zac Adams of Scott. I remember Nathan Mutsch hitting 92/93 on the gun against Scott in 2007 in his 5-3 win over them. It was some straight up heat that most high school ball players aren't used to but Scott hung in there. Nathan is now at Xavier and from what I hear is doing very well for himself. Adams is a player that nobody for the most part ever got to see healthy. He was bringing straight heat for Scott in preseason intersquad scrimmages and I even got to see a pitching session out of high school where he topped out at 90/91 on the gun. Zac is now attending UK on Academic Scholarship and seems to be doing well there in addition. I talked to his dad after he graduated and from what I gathered Zac is going to take a year to rehab and rest his arm and see what lies from there so I wish him the best.

 

Some other hard throwers over the years were Kyle Rabe and Jon Swanson of Scott, Jordan Woodruff of Campbell County, Donnie Davidson of Silver Grove, and Kyle Kramer of Brossart. This has been since the 37th district realignment from my knowledge but feel free to add more from previous years if you will.

Since we are on the topic of velocity, I'd like to ask your opinion of the hardest throwers (pitchers) you've seen in the 37th in your time?

 

In my recent memory, the two hardest by far that I've seen has been Nathan Mutsch of Brossart and Zac Adams of Scott. I remember Nathan Mutsch hitting 92/93 on the gun against Scott in 2007 in his 5-3 win over them. It was some straight up heat that most high school ball players aren't used to but Scott hung in there. Nathan is now at Xavier and from what I hear is doing very well for himself. Adams is a player that nobody for the most part ever got to see healthy. He was bringing straight heat for Scott in preseason intersquad scrimmages and I even got to see a pitching session out of high school where he topped out at 90/91 on the gun. Zac is now attending UK on Academic Scholarship and seems to be doing well there in addition. I talked to his dad after he graduated and from what I gathered Zac is going to take a year to rehab and rest his arm and see what lies from there so I wish him the best.

 

Some other hard throwers over the years were Kyle Rabe and Jon Swanson of Scott, Jordan Woodruff of Campbell County, Donnie Davidson of Silver Grove, and Kyle Kramer of Brossart. This has been since the 37th district realignment from my knowledge but feel free to add more from previous years if you will.

 

Top three I have seen are Nathan Mutsch-Brossart, Travis Hurd-Campbell County and Zac Adams- Scott

Top three I have seen are Nathan Mutsch-Brossart, Travis Hurd-Campbell County and Zac Adams- Scott

 

Ahh yes I knew I forgot someone! Hurd could bring some heat. Is he playing baseball at the collegiate level?

 

Personally the best player out of there ultimately was Mutsch from Brossart but the player that had the most potential was Adams but we never saw his potential as he was injured early his Junior year and we never saw his potential.

Mutsch threw crazy hard. Coffman can mix in a curve ball, I hope he gets some mound time, he will use that arm very well behind the plate. Broering would be a big boost for the Camels, with JV kids moving up pitching should be no issue.

Since we are on the topic of velocity, I'd like to ask your opinion of the hardest throwers (pitchers) you've seen in the 37th in your time?

 

In my recent memory, the two hardest by far that I've seen has been Nathan Mutsch of Brossart and Zac Adams of Scott. I remember Nathan Mutsch hitting 92/93 on the gun against Scott in 2007 in his 5-3 win over them. It was some straight up heat that most high school ball players aren't used to but Scott hung in there. Nathan is now at Xavier and from what I hear is doing very well for himself. Adams is a player that nobody for the most part ever got to see healthy. He was bringing straight heat for Scott in preseason intersquad scrimmages and I even got to see a pitching session out of high school where he topped out at 90/91 on the gun. Zac is now attending UK on Academic Scholarship and seems to be doing well there in addition. I talked to his dad after he graduated and from what I gathered Zac is going to take a year to rehab and rest his arm and see what lies from there so I wish him the best.

 

Some other hard throwers over the years were Kyle Rabe and Jon Swanson of Scott, Jordan Woodruff of Campbell County, Donnie Davidson of Silver Grove, and Kyle Kramer of Brossart. This has been since the 37th district realignment from my knowledge but feel free to add more from previous years if you will.

 

Matt Nichols from Dixie could flat out bring it last year. He is on a baseball scholarship to Morehead. I would say he was probably the fastest just right behind Mutsch of Brossart. As for Adams I believe he was way over worked when it came to pitching and pretty much threw his arm out. The kid can still flat out hit though.

Mutsch threw crazy hard. Coffman can mix in a curve ball, I hope he gets some mound time, he will use that arm very well behind the plate. Broering would be a big boost for the Camels, with JV kids moving up pitching should be no issue.

 

There is a big difference between JV and Varsity hitting. But only time will tell so we will just have to see. But the Camels did have a good JV pitching staff last year so they have potential.

Since we are on the topic of velocity, I'd like to ask your opinion of the hardest throwers (pitchers) you've seen in the 37th in your time?In my recent memory, the two hardest by far that I've seen has been Nathan Mutsch of Brossart and Zac Adams of Scott. I remember Nathan Mutsch hitting 92/93 on the gun against Scott in 2007 in his 5-3 win over them. It was some straight up heat that most high school ball players aren't used to but Scott hung in there. Nathan is now at Xavier and from what I hear is doing very well for himself. Adams is a player that nobody for the most part ever got to see healthy. He was bringing straight heat for Scott in preseason intersquad scrimmages and I even got to see a pitching session out of high school where he topped out at 90/91 on the gun. Zac is now attending UK on Academic Scholarship and seems to be doing well there in addition. I talked to his dad after he graduated and from what I gathered Zac is going to take a year to rehab and rest his arm and see what lies from there so I wish him the best.

 

Some other hard throwers over the years were Kyle Rabe and Jon Swanson of Scott, Jordan Woodruff of Campbell County, Donnie Davidson of Silver Grove, and Kyle Kramer of Brossart. This has been since the 37th district realignment from my knowledge but feel free to add more from previous years if you will.

 

I'm sure all these guys were good but the original 37th district had Harrison co. , Nicholas, and Paris in it. I'll add guys from there.

 

Joey Crump-HC

Bubba Hignite- HC

Daniel Brown-NC

I know there's a BUNCH more from HC that should be on the list. I just can't think of them now.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.