Should there be national guidelines for voting for national offices?

Well, is this a best of pass/fail test? :lol: Let me see how I do.

1. Male-Fail

2. White-subjective. Many who appear white aren't pure. But, I'll Pass.

3. Landowner-Fail

4. Taxpayer-Pass

5. Pass Civics Test-Pass

6. Church member (Christian Protestant), in good standing-Catholic-Fail

7. Firstborn-Pass

8. College Degree-Fail

9. European-only descent-3/4 Fail

10. Prior, honorable, military service-I was a school crossing guard. :D-Fail

11. Married, and no prior divorces-Fail

12. At least one child of the marriage-Pass/but fail because of the divorce

13. Meet requirements of Timothy and Titus for deacon qualifications-Fail

14. Gun owner-Fail

15. Heterosexual-Pass

I'll give my self a 1/3 Pass on this test. Can I vote? :D

When it comes to a federal election tha affects the country as a whole I think there should be federal guidelines to a federal election. Individual states can do whatever they want for local elections but federal elections need uniformity and consistency so as to avoid fraud and gross counting errors.

When it comes to a federal election tha affects the country as a whole I think there should be federal guidelines to a federal election. Individual states can do whatever they want for local elections but federal elections need uniformity and consistency so as to avoid fraud and gross counting errors.
When one party gains a large advantage in Congress and also wins the white house, federal election laws can be changed abruptly to favor the incumbent party in both branches of government. Instead of having a state like Ohio in cahoots with ACORN, we could easily have the same problem in all 50 states.

For this reason, I favor as little federal control over elections as possible. I hate the vote fraud that is done on the local and state levels but I have no confidence in the federal government permanently improving the fairness of elections. History has shown that the feds have done the opposite whenever they have been given half a chance.

Federal laws allowed BHO to raise $650 million for a single presidential campaign, $200 million of which came from undisclosed sources. That is what federal election reforms has done for us.

I disagree. During a presidential election, there should be one standard for voting for that position.

1. Election day is just that, a specific day to vote. No early voting, no voting on a different day, etc.

2. You want to vote, you must have a picture ID issued by a state or national agency.

3. Absentee ballots are for those who truly can't be in their precinct on election day. College students, military, people working outside of the country. Most other reasons, like I'm on vacation, it comes down to priorities. Which is more important? Your vote or your vacation?

4. Finally, all precincts must use the same voting system. I'd suggest the one Kentucky has been using for at least 30 years.

I think #3 is rather narrow in definition. This election day my spouse was going to be in KY to take care of her mother who was having surgery. She knew this so she voted the week before at the Registrar's office. She had no other time to make this trip.

Which is more important? Voting or Family? Why should you be made to choose when the present system works fine if you ask me.

I think #3 is rather narrow in definition. This election day my spouse was going to be in KY to take care of her mother who was having surgery. She knew this so she voted the week before at the Registrar's office. She had no other time to make this trip.

Which is more important? Voting or Family? Why should you be made to choose when the present system works fine if you ask me.

What's more important is keeping integrity in the voting system. At this point, I'm sure that most of America has lost much of their faith in our current voting system.

For the BGP record, I would have no problem with your wife being able to vote absentee. But sometimes that choice isn't available and we have to choose.

I don't agree with early voting. Too much play for people who don't have a legal address to sway the election. I do think the absentee ballot shoud be allowed for elderly people who can't stand in long lines, living out of state (military and families serving overseas and a family emergency)