Maile returns to CCH lineup

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say Maile, Shover, and Isler should be locks to start with the other 2 positions being up for grabs between Wellbrock, Thelen, Sorrel, and Counts.

Really you don't see Ives in there at all?

I see it as pg. Shover, sg. Ives, sf. Maile, pf. and C between Counts, Isler, and Wellbrock. Then I see Sorrel as the 6th man off the bench.

1. Shover

2. Ives

3. Maile

4. Wellbrock/ Counts

5. Isler

Counts has worked on his shooting and is very capable of shooting the three ball. Wouldn't be suprised to see him at small forward and maybe put Maile at the 4 since he can do it all.

1. Shover

2. Ives

3. Maile

4. Wellbrock/ Counts

5. Isler

Counts has worked on his shooting and is very capable of shooting the three ball. Wouldn't be suprised to see him at small forward and maybe put Maile at the 4 since he can do it all.

That lineup looks right to me. I'd have Wellbrock start and Counts 6th off the bench. I think his spark is best off the bench. He offers a surge of energy.

I want to throw a sleeper into the Cov. Cath. rotation discussion (albeit not the starting 5). Michael Robinson is a lightening fast, hard nosed kid who should be a contributor in the paint by the end of the year. He will be a bit behind because of his duties as starting WR on the football team. But, when he hits his stride he will be a valuable addition.

1. Shover

2. Ives

3. Maile

4. Wellbrock/ Counts

5. Isler

Shover

Ives

Maile

Counts

Wellbrock

Isler/Sorrell 6 man...depends who gets tired first :sssh:

I want to throw a sleeper into the Cov. Cath. rotation discussion (albeit not the starting 5). Michael Robinson is a lightening fast, hard nosed kid who should be a contributor in the paint by the end of the year. He will be a bit behind because of his duties as starting WR on the football team. But, when he hits his stride he will be a valuable addition.

I watched Michael a few times last year and I don't see him getting much playing time with this talented group of seniors.

Robinson will see the floor for defensive purposes only. He struggles with ball handling, but they could use his energy and defensive quickness off the bench. Still can't see him getting much time.

Maile is indeed back. Found out Thursday morning that the seniors were to have a seniors meeting after school and they voted to allow him back.

I agree with Ohyeayouthink. Maile adds a lot of talent to the CCH lineup but I'm not so sure they're a better TEAM with him. Don't get me wrong, he's a tremendous young man, but at times last year he hurt his TEAM with poor shot selection.

Some of us have to remember that this year what's best for Luke might not be what's best for the whole TEAM concept. Hopefully he comes in with an open mind and clear head though and brings the same intensity he brought last year. I look forward to seeing the Colonels this year.

I fail to see any logic behind Luke Maile NOT helping this team out...????:eek:

Luke makes this team a ton better just by being on the court. His athleticism is unparalleled by any player in that program and if you don't agree watch them play Holmes this year. Sure Maile might not have the best shot selection, but I'd be willing to bet you could say that about a lot of the best players on their respective teams.