Maile returns to CCH lineup

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is true, this spells good news for CovCath and very bad news for Holy Cross.... because it means HC chances to get out of the district just went down the drain.

What makes this make HC's chances go completely down the drain? I think it does make it harder but not completely down the drain.

Cov Cath has two players who have proven themselves on the varsity level and other people that will have to step up who played good in jv last year.

HC has One proven person in Giwa on varsity and 3 other people who played only Varsity last year as Juniors coming back. Also they will have the return of Mike Sullivan who saw extensive time his sophomore year but was hurt all of last year with a broken hand.

Lastly HC jv beat Cov Cath jv last year so if you are going to say they have a lot of jv players coming up then HC does too.

Now I'm not saying HC is definately going to win but it's going to be a close game as long as both teams play like they can. I don't know why people are counting them out before the season even starts when they have experienced players coming back.

Maile is indeed back. Found out Thursday morning that the seniors were to have a seniors meeting after school and they voted to allow him back.

I agree with Ohyeayouthink. Maile adds a lot of talent to the CCH lineup but I'm not so sure they're a better TEAM with him. Don't get me wrong, he's a tremendous young man, but at times last year he hurt his TEAM with poor shot selection.

Some of us have to remember that this year what's best for Luke might not be what's best for the whole TEAM concept. Hopefully he comes in with an open mind and clear head though and brings the same intensity he brought last year. I look forward to seeing the Colonels this year.

Very suprised about this. I talked to his dad back in August and he was 100% sure he wasn't going to play. Wow thought he would focus on getting stronger and work on his baseball game.

Not that surprising to me. I've spoke to several coaches and all have said they expected to see Luke in a CCH basketball uni this winter. I doubt very seriously anyone close to the program doubted whether he'd play or not.

Very suprised about this. I talked to his dad back in August and he was 100% sure he wasn't going to play. Wow thought he would focus on getting stronger and work on his baseball game.

This was the talk all summer. I had also understood that he had a chance to travel at the end of the year for a Baseball showcase, I guess that plan is changed.

Maile is indeed back. Found out Thursday morning that the seniors were to have a seniors meeting after school and they voted to allow him back.

I agree with Ohyeayouthink. Maile adds a lot of talent to the CCH lineup but I'm not so sure they're a better TEAM with him. Don't get me wrong, he's a tremendous young man, but at times last year he hurt his TEAM with poor shot selection.

Some of us have to remember that this year what's best for Luke might not be what's best for the whole TEAM concept. Hopefully he comes in with an open mind and clear head though and brings the same intensity he brought last year. I look forward to seeing the Colonels this year.

That is a very good point. If Maile comes into the season just looking for his points it could be bad for CCH.

I agree with you 100% on Maile having poor shot selection at times. But he will FOR SURE put more w's up for his TEAM. Great addition for the TEAM and they need talent like him. (Which people said CCH was lacking)

Same here, I would think he needs to get better physically, he is a very athletic kid but not very strong. Im surprised also that he wouldnt take this oppurtunity to get work in the weightroom, because if he wants to strive at the level of play he is capable of, than he defiantly needs to improve his strength. With that being said, he is only a High School kid, and sometimes its just about doing what you love to do, and basketball is probably something he doesnt want to miss out on his last year of High School.

Same here, I would think he needs to get better physically, he is a very athletic kid but not very strong. Im surprised also that he wouldnt take this oppurtunity to get work in the weightroom, because if he wants to strive at the level of play he is capable of, than he defiantly needs to improve his strength. With that being said, he is only a High School kid, and sometimes its just about doing what you love to do, and basketball is probably something he doesnt want to miss out on his last year of High School.
]

I totally agree with the last sentence. People always question when a kid plays more than one sport when he has one main sport he focuses on and plans to go to college for, and they forget that the kid is in high school and he may play the other sports for fun.