McCain Addresses ‘My Fellow Prisoners’

HHSDad

We have all been prisoners to incompetence and personal grudges over the past 8 years.

The commandant of a prisoner of war camp came into the barracks and said, "It is hard to be confined in such conditions with not even clean clothing to put on. So I've decided to ease your suffering, everyone will receive a change of underwear!" As the shouts of glee died down, the commandant turned to a prisoner and said, "You change with him, you over there change with that man, you two change....."

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about that. What happens when our country is in a time of real crisis and the President hasn't slept in a couple of days? Do we excuse him when he makes a critical mistake in judgement because he was tired? All this tells me is that neither of these two are up for the job.

Are you blooming serious? The guy makes a verbal mistake and you are equating that to a critical mistake in judgment? Wow. Very surprising coming from you.

Are you blooming serious? The guy makes a verbal mistake and you are equating that to a critical mistake in judgment? Wow. Very surprising coming from you.

Not at all. I'm very critical of people who hold the keys to our nuclear arsenal. And politicians in general. And lawyers. Okay, not lawyers, but I had to go there.

Have you seen what this job does to people? If you're tired now, what are you going to be like in 4 years? And verbal gaffes like that concern me as to what could happen in a time of crisis with a fatigued president.

Yeah someone who has very similair views as the guy who is responsible for the past 8 years. Can't wait.

I think the Bush comparisons are not well thought out. I don't much care for McCain and I'm very disgruntled with Bush. But they are definitely not one in the same. McCain is indeed a Republican maverick. His formation of the Gang of 14 bears that out. The one place I know that Bush and McCain agreed that I strongly disagreed with (besides the bailout) was the amnesty for illegal alien bill.

Someone who has very similair views as the guy who is responsible for the past 8 years, can't wait. We are in a deep recession and what will be known as the depression of our time in 25 years.

It's not a depression, so that point is moot. His views are more in line with Bush's than wacko's like Pelosi sure, but his ideas are not an extension of Bush's. Now if you want crazies like Pelosi running things, than by all means go ahead and cast your vote for Obama. Things will only get worse, but if that's what the American people want, so be.

I think the Bush comparisons are not well thought out. I don't much care for McCain and I'm very disgruntled with Bush. But they are definitely not one in the same. McCain is indeed a Republican maverick. His formation of the Gang of 14 bears that out. The one place I know that Bush and McCain agreed that I strongly disagreed with (besides the bailout) was the amnesty for illegal alien bill.

There is clearly nowhere to go but up for the next president regardless of who it is. However, McCain is just as trigger happy as Bush. We need someone who is more of a mediator, not someone who says "it's my way or the highway." That has done well for us with the Middle East/Russia/China/parts of South America.

It's not a depression, so that point is moot. His views are more in line with Bush's than wacko's like Pelosi sure, but his ideas are not an extension of Bush's. Now if you want crazies like Pelosi running things, than by all means go ahead and cast your vote for Obama. Things will only get worse, but if that's what the American people want, so be.

This will be known as the depression of our time when we tell our kids stories in 25-30 years.

This will be known as the depression of our time when we tell our kids stories in 25-30 years.

No it won't. It's bad, but it's no where close to that bad IMO. People screaming it's the depression all over again are killing the markets. People getting scared and pulling their money out is only making things worse.

No it won't. It's bad, but it's no where close to that bad IMO. People screaming it's the depression all over again are killing the markets. People getting scared and pulling their money out is only making things worse.

:thumb: As effective and efficient as the free market is, one of it's strongest foundations is the attitudes of its participants. Those are screaming that it is the apocalypse know this fact and are only making it worse- which makes me question their motives.

A few I've talked to don't have to "pull out" their money, it's gone already. they've lost tens of thousands in 401k's and other investments.