Gallatin Co. 27 Owen Co. 6

GatorFan

Gallatin played much better...defense had several tackles for loss...Mason McCarty, Jack Wirght, Justin Rowland, Nate Brown, etc...Great job Defense! Shawn Williamson had a couple a great plays as well, a reverse that left Owen looking from a distance...Gallatin played more like the team we expected to see this year...Congrats to the CATS!

I heard that penalties were a big problem for Owen and that they seemed somewhat out of sorts. Word is they didn't really show up until the second half and by then it was too little to late. It sounds like they are in for a week of hard work. Perhaps the Owen Henry match up will be an interesting one. I do understand that generally Owen looked much more organized and that they seemed to be well coached. I'm told that they have a superior coaching staff this year. Only one coach returned from last year. Not sure which one. The coaches are working with the players from little league on up. The younger kids lead the Rebels on the field Friday night. Nice job Owen in getting your program headed in the right direction.

GC looked like a different team than the one Carroll beat. They're still having too many mental mistakes like fumbles and penalties, though. They can't have those if they expect to stay in the game against Frankfort. I look for Frankfort to win easily this week. Their speed will be too much for Gallatin.

Good win for us..Owens offense didn't look much different than last years..Do know the coaches are trying to turn things around. Your kids have to be willing to do the same. Take it from me you can only tell them so much. At some point they have to start preforming. Talk to some of the guys and they worked very hard during the week.Said they worked on alot of things and a different team showed up on Friday. Good luck to them this week.