Newport Central Catholic vs. Simon Kenton

mexitucky

I personally know nothing about Simon Kenton besides working with a bunch of ex players from there. Therefore, I am not offering any predictions.

For NewCath to be successful this year, they need to cut down on the mental errors that crippled drives last year. They had the same mistakes in their last scrimmage, but I know that the point has been driven home. On their opening drive last week they hit 4 different receivers, and I belive that 6 receivers caught passes overall. The progression of Ben Parr as a wideout will be interesting to watch. He can be a game breaker once he gets his hands on the ball. I do know that Simon Kenton will have to have good team speed to contain NewCath's offense. I know that they have an All-State caliber linebacker, so it may make for an interesting game.

I look for this year's NewCath team to be right in the thick of things come playoff time. As far as first game of the season, I would just like to see a clean game, minimizing mental errors. If they can do that, they will be very tough to beat.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon has good team speed and a bunch of seniors that are showing leadership.

Turnovers cost them 3-4 touchdowns in last years contest. Look for them to come out to play a cleaner game this time around.

Simon Kenton by 10 in a great game.

I'll be there.

Simon has good team speed and a bunch of seniors that are showing leadership.

Turnovers cost them 3-4 touchdowns in last years contest. Look for them to come out to play a cleaner game this time around.

Simon Kenton by 10 in a great game.

I'll be there.

How did they look in their last scrimmage?

How did they look in their last scrimmage?

Not bad. They played Lloyd which really surprised me as well as the Simon Kenton players. I am a Lloyd fan but I have a relative that plays for Simon Kenton, so I get some good feedback from some of the players. The SK QB looks like he is ready to make plays as well as the D-line. The back field is fast with Dewalt, Simpson and Wilson at full back clearing the way. Look for them to make some waves in NKY 6A. They beat Lloyd by 2 touchdowns in the scrimmage.:ylsuper::ylsuper::ylsuper:

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I'm sure SK knows they have to play to the best of their abilities to come away with the victory. After last season's seven turnover performance I think they will really preach ball security for this game.

No doubt. I was there and it was ugly. That is why I like SK in this one.

Simon Kenton's QB will be key. It has been and will be difficult to run on NewCath, especially with this year and the size that they have in the box. SK will need to air it out to win. It will be interesting to see how they handle the spread/no-huddle. Do they have a lot of players going both ways?