Colin Powell to Endorse Barack Obama

GO CATS

WAIT! Hold on, when was Joe Liberman a Democrat or a Liberal? :p
Except for being strong on national security issues, Lieberman is very liberal. McCain will not put Lieberman on the ticket unless he has decided that he no longer wants to be president.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will take the wisdom of Colin Powell and J.C. Watts over that of the right-wing fringe any day ...
I prefer to ignore both "fringes" and rely on my own judgment. Only nitwits base their presidential votes on endorsements, IMO. If a person cannot decide between a liberal and a moderate candidate after a nearly two-year campaign without being told how to vote, then they should do everybody a favor and simply stay at home.

Except for being strong on national security issues, Lieberman is very liberal. McCain will not put Lieberman on the ticket unless he has decided that he no longer wants to be president.

You call anything not to the right of Mussolini a flaming liberal, so forgive us if we don't follow your labeling.

You call anything not to the right of Mussolini a flaming liberal, so forgive us if we don't follow your labeling.
Look at any liberal organization that ranks politicians on their voting records. I like Lieberman but anybody who believes that he is not a liberal has a very narrow definition of a liberal. Lieberman is and has always been a liberal Democrat.

Do you also view Obama as a moderate, Jim?

Look at any liberal organization that ranks politicians on their voting records. I like Lieberman but anybody who believes that he is not a liberal has a very narrow definition of a liberal. Lieberman is and has always been a liberal Democrat.

Do you also view Obama as a moderate, Jim?

No, he's no moderate.

As far as Lieberman, I have a hard time thinking of him as liberal with as hawkish as he trends w/re to foreign policy.

I prefer to ignore both "fringes" and rely on my own judgment. Only nitwits base their presidential votes on endorsements, IMO. If a person cannot decide between a liberal and a moderate candidate after a nearly two-year campaign without being told how to vote, then they should do everybody a favor and simply stay at home.
In my opinion, your much closer to the fringe than I am ...

In my opinion, your much closer to the fringe than I am ...

To be blunt, this is what upsets me about self-proclaimed moderates. Similar to the South Park episode on people who drive hybrids- being a moderate may be a good thing, but the attitude of moderates is so condescending it is disgusting.

Apparently, if you have carefully selected your choices on each issue, and still lean to the right, you are accused of being "on the fringe". American Conservativism as it exists today is based upon a political philosophy that always advocates less government. Should I abandon my beliefs because the other side wants more government, and apparently it is a bad thing to wind up on either wing?

And how do you define someone who is on the fringe? Nearly all of my ideals translate into right-leaning positions, but I am strongly against the death penalty. Where do I fit in?

Fringers who don't allow discussion or compromise deserve what they get. But I can't stand ridicule from moderates, whose willingness to change positions for the sake of political appearance, is apparently perceived as a good quality.

Only nitwits base their presidential votes on endorsements, IMO. If a person cannot decide between a liberal and a moderate candidate after a nearly two-year campaign without being told how to vote, then they should do everybody a favor and simply stay at home.
Ain't that the truth! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: