St.X Ranked 18th in the ESPNRISE.com Poll

Biotech

Info given on X. Lou T is not ranked. Cinn X is #9. Hows that for some Love for our local X folks. Congrats.

18. St. Xavier (Louisville, Ky.)

Last season's record: 13-1, Class 6A runner-up

Key players: RB Deuce Finch (5-10, 200, Sr.), OL Seth Harvey (6-0, 323, Sr.), DL Trevor Foy (6-7, 240, Sr.), DB D.J. Hall (5-11, 190, Sr.); QB Matt Brutscher (6-1, 190, Sr.)

Outlook: The Tigers will aim to complete a run to the state title this season after suffering their only loss last year, in overtime, in the Class 6A final to archrival Trinity, a team they defeated in the regular season. St. Xavier has more key players returning than Trinity, and it's enough to make the Tigers No. 1 in Kentucky to start the season. Finch leads the returnees; an all-state pick, he rushed for 1,555 yards and 15 TDs last season despite missing a month with an injury. He will run behind a line anchored by Harvey. New QB Brutscher is expected to step in and excel, as well. On defense, St. Xavier has rebuilding to do, but Foy up front and Hall on the back side look like all-state candidates.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=3523310

Edited by rockmom

Well, at least we made the list here, as well as Highlands! :thumb:

Midwest Region Top 20

(Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin)

1. St. Xavier (Cincinnati, Ohio) 15-0

2. St. Ignatius (Cleveland, Ohio) 8-3

3. St. Xavier (Louisville, Ky,) 13-1

4. Carmel (Carmel, Ind.) 13-2

5. Joliet Catholic (Joliet, Ill.) 13-1

6. Arrowhead (Hartland, Wis.) 14-0

7. East St. Louis (East St. Louis, Ill.) 11-2

8. Glenville (Cleveland, Ohio) 10-3

9. Colerain (Cincinnati, Ohio) 12-1

10. Cretin-Derham Hall (St. Paul, Minn.) 13-1

11. St. Mary's (Orchard Lake, Mich.) 10-3

12. Center Grove (Greenwood, Ind.) 9-2

13. Naperville North (Naperville, Ill.) 13-1

14. Valley (West Des Moines, Iowa) 11-1

15. Trinity (Louisville, Ky.) 12-2

16. Eisenhower (Shelby Township, Mich.) 6-4

17. Male (Louisville, Ky.) 10-3

18. Warren Central (Indianapolis, Ind.) 8-4

19. Highlands (Fort Thomas, Ky.) 15-0

20. Eden Prairie (Eden Prairie, Minn.) 14-0

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=3523581

On the bright side, Trinity plays 2 teams in the top 20 this season, Cincy X and Louisville X. If we win against them, that should say something about Trinity in the end! :thumb: Shoot, I think it should say something if we do well against both of them, even if we win one, lose one....and if we can cap it off with a 4-peat.....:dancingpa

Congratulations Tigers on receiving this tremendous National ESPN recognition, but you will have to back it up on the field beginning soon with Ballard. GO TIGERS!!

Just out of curiosity, I wonder if the ESPN guys were waiting to read the BlueGrass Preps Preseason Rankings before releasing their National Poll results. It seems like they came up with a similar result. :ylsuper: :D :ylsuper:

It seems like St. Xavier always gets the nod during the preseason, but can't close the deal in December. Perhaps this will be the year. Either way, a great honor for X (and also for Trinity, Male and Highlands for earning a regional ranking).

Congratulations Tigers on receiving this tremendous National ESPN recognition, but you will have to back it up on the field beginning soon with Ballard. GO TIGERS!!

Just out of curiosity, I wonder if the ESPN guys were waiting to read the BlueGrass Preps Preseason Rankings before releasing their National Poll results. It seems like they came up with a similar result. :ylsuper: :D :ylsuper:

I tend to agree with you. Sure looks like the followed the BGP lead - and deservedly so.

I love all the repsect for the local teams, but I'm not sure I can take these polls seriously. When you don't have any TX or FL teams in the top 25, you have to wonder, considering all the D1 athletes they produce.

Also, have any KY teams EVER beaten a big Cincy team lately? I know there have been close calls, but I'm not a huge fan of moral victories. I know X had beaten Moeller back in the day, but you never hear about them anymore.

It just seems to me that Ohio schools have always been, and may always be, head and shoulders ahead of KY teams.

I love all the repsect for the local teams, but I'm not sure I can take these polls seriously. When you don't have any TX or FL teams in the top 25, you have to wonder, considering all the D1 athletes they produce.

Also, have any KY teams EVER beaten a big Cincy team lately? I know there have been close calls, but I'm not a huge fan of moral victories. I know X had beaten Moeller back in the day, but you never hear about them anymore.

It just seems to me that Ohio schools have always been, and may always be, head and shoulders ahead of KY teams.

Well, the poll that started this thread is a Midwest poll. That is why you see no TX of FL schools.

As far as OH goes, who cares? We play for the KY state championship, not the OH state championship. I mean no disrespect, but alot of people get wrapped up on this website about OH.

Info given on X. Lou T is not ranked. Cinn X is #9. Hows that for some Love for our local X folks. Congrats.

18. St. Xavier (Louisville, Ky.)

Last season's record: 13-1, Class 6A runner-up

Key players: RB Deuce Finch (5-10, 200, Sr.), OL Seth Harvey (6-0, 323, Sr.), DL Trevor Foy (6-7, 240, Sr.), DB D.J. Hall (5-11, 190, Sr.); QB Matt Brutscher (6-1, 190, Sr.)

Outlook: The Tigers will aim to complete a run to the state title this season after suffering their only loss last year, in overtime, in the Class 6A final to archrival Trinity, a team they defeated in the regular season. St. Xavier has more key players returning than Trinity, and it's enough to make the Tigers No. 1 in Kentucky to start the season. Finch leads the returnees; an all-state pick, he rushed for 1,555 yards and 15 TDs last season despite missing a month with an injury. He will run behind a line anchored by Harvey. New QB Brutscher is expected to step in and excel, as well. On defense, St. Xavier has rebuilding to do, but Foy up front and Hall on the back side look like all-state candidates.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=3523310

Seth is much taller than six foot.

Well, the poll that started this thread is a Midwest poll. That is why you see no TX of FL schools.

As far as OH goes, who cares? We play for the KY state championship, not the OH state championship. I mean no disrespect, but alot of people get wrapped up on this website about OH.

Both you and Miragesmack are just looking at the Midwest portion of this poll which was referenced by Rockmom in the 2nd post in this thread. The actual poll which started the thread in the initial post by Biotech is the ESPN National Poll (he attached a link in the post), which does cover teams from all states including the biggies of Texas, Florida, and California. :cool:

Both you and Miragesmack are just looking at the Midwest portion of this poll which was referenced by Rockmom in the 2nd post in this thread. The actual poll which started the thread in the initial post by Biotech is the ESPN National Poll (he attached a link in the post), which does cover teams from all states including the biggies of Texas, Florida, and California. :cool:

1st: Congrats on your ranking.

2nd: Midwest or National : still another meaningless high school preseason poll.

I am ready for things to be settled on the field, but I guess there isn't much to talk about till the 1st kickoff.

Let the games begin.

:cool:

Rock and Oxnard. Thanks for the heads-up. I guess I wasn't looking that closely. :confused: That makes more sense.