Chad is more predictable than a child...

Maybe it is a generational thing with the younger crowd where saying you are sorry undoes all wrongs of the past.

Bottom line is if any non-celebrity did what Chad did our name would be mud and I strongly assume there would have been criminal action too.

It's not a generational thing.

Chad Johnson made a mistake a while ago. He has since reconciled with those people and has actually given them more than they would have gotten originally.

Other than Johnson's initial "mistake" (for lack of a better word), what has he done wrong here?

I understand that we're all down on #85. But let's not make it worse than it really is.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a generational thing.

Chad Johnson made a mistake a while ago. He has since reconciled with those people and has actually given them more than they would have gotten originally.

Other than Johnson's initial "mistake" (for lack of a better word), what has he done wrong here?

I understand that we're all down on #85. But let's not make it worse than it really is.

How many raffles do you know, that take a lawsuit and 1.5 years later, to provide the prize.

How many raffles do you know, that take a lawsuit and 1.5 years later, to provide the prize.

If I understand correctly, the prize was awarded. Was it not?

The length of time that it took has more to do with the legal system than Chad Johnson.

If I understand correctly, the prize was awarded. Was it not?

The length of time that it took has more to do with the legal system than Chad Johnson.

The reason Johnson is involved, he told those in attendance the raffle was off and he was going to award, to someone special in the audience.

Was the prize awarded, by drawing a name or Johnson selecting, whom he wanted to give it to? Then why sell tickets, for a drawing if Johnson can deem, whom gets the prize.

Chad's portion of the $100k is only $42k. The comedy club picked up the rest.

I'd say CJ came out about as well as he could have hoped for.

Exactly!

Chad came out way ahead.

The only thing I can say to some of you is if you were one of the victims I have a strong suspicion you would feel much different about this.

Chad is an elite WR but that is where it ends.

I wander how many times you have actually spoken to Chad personally? What we see in the media or what is reported is not always the way a person really is, not at all! I am not saying Chad is or isn't something, to me that is not the debate.

I think people get into a real gray area when they say "As a person I do not like so and so or I don't respect so and so, but I sure hope they help my team win."

To me you just can't badger a guy for the things he says and does and then cheer for him to score TD's on Sunday. Seems a bit hypocritical to me!

Of course I am basing my opinion of Chad off of what we see in the media. With pro athletes we don't have much choice. Even if we meet and greet them a couple of times we still don't know them.

You don't have to respect someone off the field to root for them to help your TEAM win.

To be honest, as many criminals as there are in the NFL, we would either all have to be hypocrites to root for most any team or we would all have to not care about their criminal acts.

Still seems a bit biased to me!

I would think NOT complaining about everything that our sports celebs do and don't do would be the avenue to follow!

I think that is one thing that the internet has caused! A complete and utter lack of respect for one's personal life. Just because an athlete is a famous person doesn't give us the right to sit and judge.

Years ago, we used to only see our athletes on and off the field/court. There were not a thousand different media outlets reporting on a topic. I realize and love the that times have changed, but there are times I yearn for the older days!

Still seems a bit biased to me!

I would think NOT complaining about everything that our sports celebs do and don't do would be the avenue to follow!

Just give 'em all a pass, eh? Keep on reinforcing that preferred status they've enjoyed their entire life. Heaven forbid these special people learn lessons like the rest of us losers, such as responsibility.

I think that is one thing that the internet has caused! A complete and utter lack of respect for one's personal life. Just because an athlete is a famous person doesn't give us the right to sit and judge.

Years ago, we used to only see our athletes on and off the field/court. There were not a thousand different media outlets reporting on a topic. I realize and love the that times have changed, but there are times I yearn for the older days!

Maybe if the media reported more on Mickey Mantle's alcoholism or Ty Cobb's racism, they may have stopped doing it? I'm not saying the media gets it right all the time, but it's not always wrong, either. Heaven forbid our athletes be seen as the real people that they are, rather than some ridiculously romanticized fantasy world ...

I didn't say anything at all about a free pass, however I don't care about these guys personal lives. I care about my friends and families and colleagues.

I wander if people really are silly enough to believe that because the media may have reported Mickey Mantle's alcoholism I seriously doubt he would have quit drinking since he had a disease!

They may be real people, but the things they are capable of doing athletically makes them different than most people, like it or not, it is true!