Chad is more predictable than a child...

Johnson and the Funny Bone Comedy Club agreed Wednesday to pay $100,000 to the suit’s 30 plaintiffs, who alleged that the Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver promised to give away a Lexus car to a patron during a Dec. 19, 2006, raffle at the Newport club.

LINK

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it? He's doing the right thing and you still can't give him some credit?
This was a raffle, in Dec. of 2006 and supposedly, he gave the car to a girlfriend. It's currently the end of June 2008 and he's settling a lawsuit for this and you want to give him credit?

Why in the world, should Johnson receive ant credit?

And he settled for more than double what the original prize was to be.
Surely you're not trying to justify this situation, by stating the award was monetarily valued at more than double the original prize. So does that make this okay?

Why should he have to settle for anything. A raffle was organized, publicized and he bought a ticket in good faith, to with the prize. You are correct, with your "settled" comment, as in a lawsuit almost a 1.5 years later.

Johnson and the Funny Bone Comedy Club agreed Wednesday to pay $100,000 to the suit’s 30 plaintiffs, who alleged that the Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver promised to give away a Lexus car to a patron during a Dec. 19, 2006, raffle at the Newport club.

LINK

Very childish indeed!

I'm with 98 on this one. We've been down this path before, talking about Chad & the Funny Bone.

Not really sure where Chad went wrong today. He did the right thing (after he screwed up), IMO.

I'm pretty sure he didn't want to pay or he would have right after this happened. It makes it right and him a good guy for paying these people 1.5 years later and after being hit with a lawsuit. Man if only everyone was as nice and giving as him.

I'm with 98 on this one. We've been down this path before, talking about Chad & the Funny Bone.

Not really sure where Chad went wrong today. He did the right thing (after he screwed up), IMO.

Maybe it is a generational thing with the younger crowd where saying you are sorry undoes all wrongs of the past.

Bottom line is if any non-celebrity did what Chad did our name would be mud and I strongly assume there would have been criminal action too.