Minor League Baseball in Your City

Is there not a team in the Huntington area? I'm looking, but can't find one.

The Orioles have a rookie league team in Bluefield, WVa. There's also a rookie league team in Pulaski, Va, which wouldn't be too far from Pikeville.

Is there not a team in the Huntington area? I'm looking, but can't find one.

The Orioles have a rookie league team in Bluefield, WVa. There's also a rookie league team in Pulaski, Va, which wouldn't be too far from Pikeville.

Not at this time.

Pikeville is where Greag Maddux got his start, as you know. While overall large in size, the population in Pikeville is small. In addition competing with local schools and even a college, is going to limit attendance.

What do you think were some of the reasons, the Cubs left the area and moved to another?

Where was the stadium located in Pikeville?

I think the close proximity to Evansville would hurt Henderson's chances. But I don't see any reason a city the size of Owensboro, especially with its deep HS baseball history, couldn't support a team.

There has been a lot of talk about bringing a team to Owensboro, but they always want city money to help with the stadium, and local government doesn't seem to want to get on board.

I always felt like Paducah could support minor league baseball, but Marion Ill. just got a club an hour up the road.

Bowling Green has broken ground on a 4,000 seat stadium and is in negotiations to move Tampa's Southern League team in Columbus there for 2009. I think minir league baseball in Bowling Green will go over well. The new stadium also gives Bowling Green a chance to bid on events such as the KHSAA State Tournament and All-A State Tournament.

What is the location of the new stadium? I'm in BG quite often and haven't noticed.

Where was the stadium located in Pikeville?
Not sure, if the location of Pikeville High School field or location of Pikeville College field. This was the Appalachian League, where Cal Ripken, Jr, Strawberry, Rijo, Gagne, Otis Nixon and many others began.

There has been a lot of talk about bringing a team to Owensboro, but they always want city money to help with the stadium, and local government doesn't seem to want to get on board.
Great area for Baseball and I could see them supporting, a Minor League program.