Senator Obama - A Moderate?

Where does Sen. Obama fall on the political spectrum?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Sen. Obama fall on the political spectrum?

• Liberal
    • Moderate
    • Conservative
    • Transcedental (above political labels)

I could not agree more about Michael Moore! So what does that make Boxer and Kucinich in your opinion, double ultra liberals?
Boxer is simply an idiot. Kucinich got a raw deal by the media who decided to portray him as a left wing nut. Kucinich is no more liberal than John Kerry and many other elected Democrats.

How people could believe that Kerry was a moderate and Kucinich was an ultra liberal was one of the most baffling things about the Democrats' nomination process in 2004. Their positions are virtually identical on almost every issue.

It seems that once Democrats select a nominee, the effort to make them appear to be a moderate begins. The only purpose of the convention will be to rebrand Barack Obama for independents, moderates, and people who do not pay attention to the news until just before the election.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boxer is simply an idiot. Kucinich got a raw deal by the media who decided to portray him as a left wing nut. Kucinich is no more liberal than John Kerry and many other elected Democrats.

How people could believe that Kerry was a moderate and Kucinich was an ultra liberal was one of the most baffling things about the Democrats' nomination process in 2004. Their positions are virtually identical on almost every issue.

It seems that once Democrats select a nominee, the effort to make them appear to be a moderate begins. The only purpose of the convention will be to rebrand Barack Obama for independents, moderates, and people who do not pay attention to the news until just before the election.

When did I say Kerry was a moderiate? Kerry is a liberal that was not ready for the national stage.

I have to admit, I was impressed by those odds that you posted on McCain's prospective running mates. I had to Google one or two of people you listed to refresh my memory. I did not even realize Phil Gramm was still alive. So, I have no reason to question your conservative credentials. BTW, did you contact that guy who posted your list on his website? I am looking forward to your updates to the list. :thumb:

Way to switch the subject, I rest my case!

When did I say Kerry was a moderiate?
You didn't and I didn't say that you did. I said that he was portrayed as a moderate by the media, while the same media portrayed Kucinich as a left wing kook. I believe that both of them are left wingers, but the media persuaded many Kerry voters otherwise.

Actually, I do not view Kucinich as kook I just disagree with him politically. I have much more respect for him than I do phonies like Obama and Kerry, who attempt to be all things to all people, depending on which group they are addressing.

Neither Kerry nor Kucinich are as liberal as Obama. I don't believe that either of them would have fought to maintain hospitals' right to practice infanticide, as Obama did.

Obama's record and policy objectives would classify him as a liberal of the American genus, but he's been campaigning on the platform a transcendentalist. He's found the most success in advocating the idea of "change" and systemic reform in Washington. I've found his policy discussions to be the weakest point of his candidacy. His challenge this fall will be to continue to idea of "change" without butting heads with McCain over the nuts and bolts of policy. If McCain can turn the election from that of Obama's transcendentalism to his specific policies then, I think, it would spell defeat for Obama.

Obama's record and policy objectives would classify him as a liberal of the American genus, but he's been campaigning on the platform a transcendentalist. He's found the most success in advocating the idea of "change" and systemic reform in Washington. I've found his policy discussions to be the weakest point of his candidacy. His challenge this fall will be to continue to idea of "change" without butting heads with McCain over the nuts and bolts of policy. If McCain can turn the election from that of Obama's transcendentalism to his specific policies then, I think, it would spell defeat for Obama.

McCain has to seperate himself from Bush plain and simple! The McCain of old, when he was a true moderate and political maverick, would have won this election without question. Now he is a neo conservative just like George W. Bush, which will win over most of the Republican party but in this day and age will not with the Presidency of the United States. If he can get away from the shadows of George W. Bush he will have a good chance of winning this election.

Sorry. I just do not like plagiarists and liars. It was wrong of that guy to plagiarize your work - but you are right, I did change the subject. :lol:

:rolleyes: It was a clever comeback. Thanks for playing!

I agree that Obama is trying to run his campaign as a transcendentalist but I do not believe that anybody can be elected without showing some basic command of the issues. Obama seems to stick his foot in his mouth whenever he wanders away from the text on his teleprompters.

I believe that Patches O'Houlihan is the brains behind Obama's campaign. Remember the five Ds, Barry, "Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge!" Wait until McCain starts throwing some wrenches Obama's way.

McCain has to seperate himself from Bush plain and simple! The McCain of old, when he was a true moderate and political maverick, would have won this election without question. Now he is a neo conservative just like George W. Bush, which will win over most of the Republican party but in this day and age will not with the Presidency of the United States. If he can get away from the shadows of George W. Bush he will have a good chance of winning this election.

This is the wrong thread for it, but I think you're wrong.

I agree that Obama is trying to run his campaign as a transcendentalist but I do not believe that anybody can be elected without showing some basic command of the issues. Obama seems to stick his foot in his mouth whenever he wanders away from the text on his teleprompters.

It is reminiscent of Kerry's campaign where he failed to articulate specifics of his policies and objectives. Kerry ran as "not Bush" rather than "change", but it is interesting to see Obama have such appeal and support. It will also be interesting to see if Obama can sustain his transcendent appeal or at least articulate how he will change Washington.