Butler 4 Trinity 1

Ram

The paper Trinity's loser was Deeds. What is up with him pitching? Possibly, saving arms for the District?

Deeds' record for 2008 is 0-1. Apparently few people didn't know, Deeds throws strikes, but has been better served in CF. Infield errors did not help Deeds' first start. Almost everyone on Trinity's bench got a chance to bat, even the sophomore manager.

And, you could definitely tell our outfield play was down, probably due to the fact that Bowling was not in RF and a few players had to be switched around. I'm sure Coach Tompkins will make the changes before Tuesdays game.....

Just to make it clear, we should all note that Trinity tried to lose this game.

I find it hard to believe that the preceeding post are trying to pave a path the supports the above statement..... I don't buy it. Keep saving arms and you might have the entire pitching rotation real fresh to watch from the sidelines. It seems that the Seniors are now giving there playing time to managers...? Whats really going on here???

:sssh:

Riverside...last game of the regular season, why not give a manager a chance at the plate (he got a walk), and got a put out at second. This made his year.. Tompkins let a few pitchers try an hit, which turned into outs. If it wasn't for a error from the outfield and infield, T would have won. We're just hoping those errors don't come tonight.....

Riverside...last game of the regular season, why not give a manager a chance at the plate (he got a walk), and got a put out at second. This made his year.. Tompkins let a few pitchers try an hit, which turned into outs. If it wasn't for a error from the outfield and infield, T would have won. We're just hoping those errors don't come tonight.....

If we are talking about A J Riley, manager on the Trinity team getting a chance to play in the game, then this is a good thing. A J came out of the Hikes Point baseball program and played for Tim Brian, father of Brandon Brian, junior catcher on the team for many years but was not an all star. He reminds me of the catcher on the movie "Sandlot", only with glasses but his heart is solid as gold in his service to St Barnabas and Trinity. His dad was Jeff Riley, Division 1 basketball referee that I had the pleasure of sharing the court with many times in lower levels. Jeff would always work CSAA games in the morning and then drive to Dayton, or Evansville or wherever and work the college game that night. Jeff passed away a few years ago suddenly and A J could of drifted away from baseball without the opportunity to help out the Shamrock program as manager. He has gotten in his freshmen and sophomore year in the last game of the year and it sounds like he finally got in a varsity game. Ten years from now, no one will remember the score of this game but A J Riley will forever remember it. His dad would be proud of what Coach Tompkins did.

If we are talking about A J Riley, manager on the Trinity team getting a chance to play in the game, then this is a good thing. A J came out of the Hikes Point baseball program and played for Tim Brian, father of Brandon Brian, junior catcher on the team for many years but was not an all star. He reminds me of the catcher on the movie "Sandlot", only with glasses but his heart is solid as gold in his service to St Barnabas and Trinity. His dad was Jeff Riley, Division 1 basketball referee that I had the pleasure of sharing the court with many times in lower levels. Jeff would always work CSAA games in the morning and then drive to Dayton, or Evansville or wherever and work the college game that night. Jeff passed away a few years ago suddenly and A J could of drifted away from baseball without the opportunity to help out the Shamrock program as manager. He has gotten in his freshmen and sophomore year in the last game of the year and it sounds like he finally got in a varsity game. Ten years from now, no one will remember the score of this game but A J Riley will forever remember it. His dad would be proud of what Coach Tompkins did.

JR, as you've previously stated, Inch is a class guy & a credit to the game as well as Trinity High School. I've known him since my days at Trinity &, as far as I'm concerned, the program could not be in better hands! :thumb:

^ Thanks for clearing that up. It must be a nice position to be able to compete and not be to concerned about the score now a days. It always seems that the scoreboard gets emphasized more than kids participation, team building and lessons learned...