Boone County 6 Scott 4

Scott gives this game pretty much to the Rebels with about 3 or 4 miscues on defense which lead to crucial runs. Also Scott baserunning was horrid today and they could've scored maybe 2 or 3 more runs. Bad day for the Eagles but not taking away from the Rebels as they capitalized.

Fite gets the loss for the Eagles going the distance. I believe the relief pitcher Todd Krohman got the W for the Rebels.

Scott stats:

Sowder: 1-4 R

Adkins: 1-4 R

Adams: 3-3 2 HRs(7,8), 4 RBIs, 2 runs, BB

Farris I believe went 2-2 with a 2B and 2 BBs. I'm not real sure on the particular players but the 1-5 hitters hit very well for Boone with later, not so much. The 2nd batter in the order had a real good night and I believe Houlehan hit pretty decently too

You are certainly right about the base running blunders Scott made. I was at the game and it looked like to me the same kid made 2 blunders in the game. To me watching from the stands the Adkins kid looks better at shortstop than the Murray kid does. Adkins seems to cover more ground and has a better arm to throw runners out at first. Maybe they should switch positions but this is my opinion only from what I have seen so far from watching games this year.

Well Murray is hurt right now, something is amiss with his knee and because of it his range at SS has gotten shorter and because of that knee problem he is throwing with all arm and can't get his lower body into it. Until EJ gets healthy we can't really evaluate that but for the time being I'll agree with you until he is 100%

The 2 homers by Adams were shots. The first was a line drive that got out of their quickly. The second was a towering drive. Despite all this, base running miscues cost Scott 2 runs. In addition, base running cost Boone 1 run, as well. But that's part of the game. All you hope to do is learn from it.