Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Cubs (Week 6)

Featured Replies

Since Woody blew the save against the Brewers, the Cubs offense has looked pretty rough. Hopefully a visit to Cincy will be just what they need. DeRosa had a hard night at the hot corner last night so I'm hoping Ramirez's wrist will be better so he can be back in the line up. I'm ready to send Soriano down for some rehab work in Iowa, but apparently that is not a possibility.

 

With Wellenmeyer and Losch leading the Cards, I cannot believe they are in first place in the Central. Unbelievable!

Since Woody blew the save against the Brewers, the Cubs offense has looked pretty rough. Hopefully a visit to Cincy will be just what they need. DeRosa had a hard night at the hot corner last night so I'm hoping Ramirez's wrist will be better so he can be back in the line up. I'm ready to send Soriano down for some rehab work in Iowa, but apparently that is not a possibility.

 

With Wellenmeyer and Losch leading the Cards, I cannot believe they are in first place in the Central. Unbelievable!

 

 

 

100 years, 100 years, 100 years.

100 years, 100 years, 100 years.

 

 

Just kidding. I had to throw that out there after your and Scribe's rant. The Reds should be just what the doctor ordered for the Cubs. If the Cubbies can scratch out at least 4 runs each game they should be able to win. The Reds do have Cueto, Harang, and Volquez going, so we could see some pitcher's duels.

Reds are going to get healthy against the Cubs and win 2 out of 3. I don't like it and I will have to hear about it on the OTHER thread.

 

But that's fine, I dished it out when they were winning in Wrigley, I can take it if the tables are turned this time. :lol:

Reds are going to get healthy against the Cubs and win 2 out of 3. I don't like it and I will have to hear about it on the OTHER thread.

 

But that's fine, I dished it out when they were winning in Wrigley, I can take it if the tables are turned this time. :lol:

 

 

What have the Reds done to make you think this is even a remote possibility? There you go trying to use that reverse psychology again. :pThe Cubs have Dempster and Zambrano going the 1st two games. Who will pitch the 3rd game for the Cubs?

What have the Reds done to make you think this is even a remote possibility? There you go trying to use that reverse psychology again. :pThe Cubs have Dempster and Zambrano going the 1st two games. Who will pitch the 3rd game for the Cubs?

 

It's not reverse psychology, the Reds are due to play halfway decent, if only for a couple games. It just happens to be against the Cubs. :p

 

Zambrano seems to always melt down against the Reds and do you REALLY think Dempster is a 20 game winner?

 

According to the Cubs website, Lieber replaces Hill and will start on Wednesday. Which means he won't last anymore than 4 or 5 innings and the Reds will score 10 runs or more. :irked:

 

:lol:

I like Leiber in the rotation. He's been solid out of the pen so far. Perhaps their most effective reliever other than Marmol. The Cubs have always hit well at GABP. We'll see if they can hit more than the Reds.

It's not reverse psychology, the Reds are due to play halfway decent, if only for a couple games. It just happens to be against the Cubs. :p

 

Zambrano seems to always melt down against the Reds and do you REALLY think Dempster is a 20 game winner?

 

According to the Cubs website, Lieber replaces Hill and will start on Wednesday. Which means he won't last anymore than 4 or 5 innings and the Reds will score 10 runs or more. :irked:

 

:lol:

 

 

You better go back, and check out Lieber's numbers against the Reds. He dominates the Reds.

  • Author

I'm glad to see Lieber back in the rotation. When Piniella pulled Hill in the first inning on Friday, I thought he might as well go pack his bags for Iowa!

Again. No. Clutch. Hitting. Frustrating to lose two of three to the last place Nationals and now likely two of three to the last place Reds. Ridiculous to lose this one.

If I was a Cubs fans the thing that would worry me is....

 

They just came off there best hitting month in franchise history and thats pretty impressive but they are only 5 I think now 4 games over .500. They have some serious concerns with their pitching staff.

Clutch Hitting. I've said it all year long. They lose a game like tonight and they are liable to win 12-3 tomorrow. Yes, they've scored 15 runs in two days but at the end of the day, it's .500 ball and that's not good enough. They also miss Aramis Ramirez.

I was at Busch last night, I hate Cardinal fans, they are so modest:madman:

 

Seriously, I was there with one of my best friends who's a huge Card fan, well we go and cheer for our team and talk baseball but we never really try and heckle the other, but for some reason 3 Cardinal fans were sitting behind us (drunk of course) and ran there mouths the whole game, trashing everything from Wrigley to Soriano. About the 3rd time one of them nudge me and said something about Wrigley, I had to turn around and tell him in a not so friendly statement or tone that if he touched me again I'd break the arm that was attached to that hand. He didn't say a word the rest of the evening...

Tigers designated Jaque Jones for assignment today. Hitting a robust .165 on the season with a Corey Patterson-like .244 OBP.

 

Jim Hendry -- don't you dare answer that phone!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.