Lewis Co. 13 Raceland 1

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Lewis on the win. Lewis coming away with a win is not as much of a suprise but the score sure is.

Raceland just needs to shake a game like this off and forget it. Just get re focused Rams and move on.:thumb:

Rams defense was not good tonight 5 errors led to 8unearned runs.They was not ready to tonight.The 16 Region has got to find some better umpires,they are not the reason the Rams lost they can only blame themselves for the lost but the umpires has got to have a clue on what is going on in the game.The last two games the Rams has played the umpires did not do a very good job calling the game.

Congrats to the Lykins kid he did throw a good game if I am not mistaken he only threw about 60 pitches and they did hit the ball well tonight.

I was at the game. There were not 8 unearned runs. Lewis got legit hits. I remember a couple of errors but I'd say at least 10 of the 13 were earned. Umpires strike zones seem to be getting smaller. Have to throw it perfect to get one. Both ways, not one-sided.

I was at the game. There were not 8 unearned runs. Lewis got legit hits. I remember a couple of errors but I'd say at least 10 of the 13 were earned. Umpires strike zones seem to be getting smaller. Have to throw it perfect to get one. Both ways, not one-sided.

It seemed to me like it was.

They were not hitting well also. To my knowledge the only hit of the game belonged to sophmore center fielder Loren Huffman which hit a double. It was good to see Bobby Mckee back in the lineup.

Has Raceland ever lost a game due to them not playing well, or is it always umpires?

Read post # 5 once again and you may find your answer. He clearly stated the reason for the Rams loss. Most readers understand that he made comments that the umpires (in his opinion),did not have a great game.

You know what they say about stirring the pot!!!!

Has Raceland ever lost a game due to them not playing well, or is it always umpires?

I didn't read where anyone posted that Raceland lost bc of the umpires in this game. As a matter of fact they said the exact opposite. There was agreement with the original post in that Lewis was playing well and that they hit the ball extemely well and their pitcher looked very good. There was congrats given to Lewis and giving Lewis Co. credit on the win, no whining...we just got our butts kicked. There were comments on the umps being bad but not one said that they cost them the game, as a matter of fact a couple of post said that it was "Both Ways' and did not cost them the game. I think that you should go back and read them over again. I for one have never liked the practice of blaming umps, officials for a loss in any sport. I have also said that many times on here so please don't lump all fans into one group. That is just not true.