Can Obama run again if this election fails?

With all the ease that Obama has had raising funds, could an election loss this time around kill his career? Would these people who have donated in record amounts be willing to donate and support him again if he can't deliver a win in Nov.?

Guest Bluto
He's young, he's dynamic. The only question to those who agree with his stances is his experience. Of course he could run again and I would have to think he would win.

Yes. I can't imagine him facing an opponent as powerful as the "Clinton Machine".

Yes. I can't imagine him facing an opponent as powerful as the "Clinton Machine".

For one to over come the Clinton Machine and The Right wing Republicans Machine is one HUGE CHALLENGE.

Obama will run again, even if he gets hammered in November. If he loses, then he will work to lose his "most liberal US Senator" ranking and join a more mainstream church. The American people have short memories and today's 14, 15, 16, and 17-year olds will be just as poorly informed on issues in four years as today's young voters are.

The only thing that might stop Obama from running again would be an indictment.

Obama will run again, even if he gets hammered in November. If he loses, then he will work to lose his "most liberal US Senator" ranking and join a more mainstream church. The American people have short memories and today's 14, 15, 16, and 17-year olds will be just as poorly informed on issues in four years as today's young voters are.

The only thing that might stop Obama from running again would be an indictment.

I'm just curious why you thing young people are so un-informed. And do you feel that about all progressives?

I'm just curious why you thing young people are so un-informed. And do you feel that about all progressives?

It has nothing to do with political persuasion. Most young people are suckers for believing everything they hear, especially from their friends, email and internet. I have 3 sons. A moderate, a liberal and a conservative. I will say the liberal one believes some of the more ludicrous things he hears while the other two are more skeptical.

As far a Obama running again, why not? I don't get this thing with candidates dropping out when they lose, especially in a close general election. If Gore had run in 2004, he'd probably have beaten Bush.

The big thing is if he gets robbed of the Democratic nomination and Clinton wins it and gets beat in the fall then he has a great chance of winning in 4 years. I really think that he is going to win the whole thing this time but if the above happens then he really has a chance in 4 years.

No, some are just misguided - and some young people are very well informed. In general, however, a college degree is just not what it used to be. Parents pay more for less each year and I say that as a parent of three current undergraduates.

No, some are just misguided - and some young people are very well informed. In general, however, a college degree is just not what it used to be. Parents pay more for less each year and I say that as a parent of three current undergraduates.

I would say you pay more, but not for less. I am in tens of thousands of dollars in debt for my education. I came to KY to get it b/c it cost less, but unfortunately this state doesn't understand that education really does pay and doesn't want to raise the money needed.

Also you thing every progressive is misguided? I don't think conservatives are misguided. In fact I can agree on some things (very few) with conservatives. I just think about 90% of their policies can't work or are just dead wrong.

IAlso you thing every progressive is misguided?
Yes I believe that all liberals are misguided or I would be a liberal myself. That does not mean that I believe liberals are any less intelligent or that they are any less entitled to their opinions than me. I assume that the liberals who know me feel similarly about my conservative views.

I would say you pay more, but not for less. I am in tens of thousands of dollars in debt for my education. I came to KY to get it b/c it cost less, but unfortunately this state doesn't understand that education really does pay and doesn't want to raise the money needed.

Also you thing every progressive is misguided? I don't think conservatives are misguided. In fact I can agree on some things (very few) with conservatives. I just think about 90% of their policies can't work or are just dead wrong.

But a democrat governor is wanting to cut 15% from the KEES money in college scholarships.