NFL Free Agency Rumors (Free Agency Started at midnight)

One of the worst defenses in the league, lost 3 starters, and have not added anyone usefull in FA last year and thus far this year. Sure if you wanna do the draft method you may get results in 2-3 years. But the fans are not gonna wait 2-3 years. There are too many cavities on this team to fix by the draft only. Plus they have the money... how would you feel if your ticket price has gone up 30 dollars (since the Marvin era) and the team is losing or mediocre?

I think we have to take a serious run at Odom and Mcree. I'm not saying go out and sign everyone but we need to plug some holes then try and draft better. That is if we want to think about contending next year.

Plus morale is way down from the fan base after the Rogers incident.

I totally agree they need to go after Odom or Pace, OLB from Arizona.

They lost Madieu who was a question mark to start with the emergence of Marvin White and Ndukwe.

Smith has been solid, but certainly not spectacular.

Landon Johnson has been solid too and a leading tackler, but no where near an All-Pro caliber LB, and they haven't lost him yet(although they probably will).

The draft has yielded plenty of players who have done well in their 1st year-Peko, Thurman, Joseph, Hall, White, Ndukwe.

They do have Fanene and Rucker, who both have flashed when healthy for DE. The safeties are going to be very good. The return of Jeanty, who was out 1/2 of last year, Brooks, out almost the enire year, Thurman, Dhani Jones, and Henderson, out all of last season will replace the impending loss of Landon Johnson.

Lastly, no team in the NFL makes decisions on personnel based on the morale of the fans; they do what their football people feel is best for the organization.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN is reporting that Jason Taylor will be made available. He should be a hot comodity!

Bears resigned Lance Briggs.

Just read that story and being a Bear fan, makes me very happy. They lost Berrian, but you can't pay everyone. If there has to be "one or the other" I prefer defense to offense.

Just read that story and being a Bear fan, makes me very happy. They lost Berrian, but you can't pay everyone. If there has to be "one or the other" I prefer defense to offense.

Do you know what they are going to do at WR? Moss is out there, but what other free agent receivers can they pick up? I assume they will address the position in Round 1 of the draft as well.

I think they overpaid big time for Samuel. He was a great corner in New England, but I think he benefitted a lot from their system and the talent around him. If I had to bet, I'd say the Eagles won't get their money's worth from this deal.

I'm surprised the Giants are trying to re-sign Ward so bad with the combo of Jacobs and Bradshaw...it seems like they could probably fill that void with a cheaper option.

The Giants won't re-sign Ward unless it comes cheap, and that is probably not going to happen.

Why?

The teams that are perennially championship contenders rarely do a lot in free agency: Giants, Steelers, Ravens, (until this season) Patriots, Colts.

Now the Bengals definitely need to draft better; the '07 draft was a start; what hurt them was the '04 draft; they drafted 6 defensive players in rounds 2-4 and Geathers is the only current good player of the bunch.

The Giants pick up key free agents from time to time. Antonio Pierce, Plaxico Burress, Kareem McKenzie, Lawrence Tynes, Sam Madison, and Kawika Mitchell were all key to their championship run last year and were all free agent acquisitions. However, the Giants also drafted very well last year. All of their draft picks (Ross, Boss, Steve Smith, DeOssie, Alford, Bradshaw, and Michael Johnson all got a lot of playing time. Not to mention they signed Michael Matthews (ended up playing a lot of time at TE), Craig Dahl (started a game or two at safety but got injured and missed the rest of the season) as well as rookie free agents. They had a GREAT draft last year.

Do you know what they are going to do at WR? Moss is out there, but what other free agent receivers can they pick up? I assume they will address the position in Round 1 of the draft as well.

If they are smart, they will get a solid offensive lineman in the first round. Bears have never been known as a passing team for a reason, they can pick up a servicable wide receiver in free agency, they won't be spending big money on one.

I can see them getting a quarterback late and goodness knows they will probably pick up another running back. They have locked up Brown and Briggs now, I think Harris is the other one they are trying to lock up long term.

I'm suprised Brigss stayed a Bear. I wonder if the dancing with the stars slick one JT pulled had any influence on him being available? I'd love to see the Bengals sign him to about a 3 year deal.

Word is the Bengals signed Dhani Jones to a 3yr deal today.

Looks like they missed out on him also...

DUBLIN, Ireland (Ticker) -- After spending eight seasons in the NFL with three different teams, former linebacker Dhani Jones has decided to try his hand at Rugby.

The 30-year-old Jones asked the world's oldest open rugby club Blackheath of Southeast London if he could join them to tryout for a travel show, according to a report on the International Rugby Board's official web site Sunday.

His trial period with the National Division Two squad proved so successful that he played for Blackheath in a National Cup tie against Launceston in February.

Jones recorded 90 tackles and one sack with the Cincinnati Bengals last season. The Michigan alum registered 537 tackles, five sacks and four interceptions in 109 games with the New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles and Bengals.

http://www.sbrforum.com/Headlines/NFL/59100.aspx

After a lot of bad moves the Falcons sign Michael Turner to a 6 year deal. Great move IMO.

B.Berrian is a Viking another solid move.

The Saints picked up Randell Gay and are making a push to be a pretty darn good team if Deuce gets healthy.

Parcells said J.Taylor isn't going anywhere.

NEWS OF THE DAY.... MOSS + CULLPEPPER are trying to find a team that they can both go too to reunite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of all the money that is being blown out there I have no idea why people aren't jumping on Moss! He makes your team better instantly and he makes the Patriots worse if he leaves! The Jags should have jumped on him instead of wasting money on Porter. The Titans sure could use a WR and I wish the Bucs would get him.