NFL Free Agency Rumors (Free Agency Started at midnight)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ylsuper:

Any numbers?

I'm not sure I'd be so happy. Asante Samuel is not really the type of corner that fits into Philly's system. The Giants passed on him because they felt he benefitted from his system in New England and that he was more of a cover 2 type corner that would fit well somewhere like Tampa. Philly runs a defense much like the Giants, blitzing a lot...Samuel might not be the best fit there.

And I believe they paid a TON to get him. I heard $30 million guaranteed. I could be wrong.

Sounds like Gibril Wilson came back to the Giants to give them the opportunity to match that monster offer he reportedly has received from Oakland. Sounds like the Giants told Gibril thank you for coming, drive home safely and enjoy yourself in the Bay Area.

Sounds like Gibril Wilson is headed to Oakland. Good luck to him. Oakland overpaid by a ton...look for a deal bigger than the Vikes gave to M. Williams.

LINK

Former Falcons tight end Alge Crumpler is close to signing with the Seattle Seahawks, according to his agent James "Butch" Williams.

Crumpler has already visited with Tampa Bay and Tennessee and was in Seattle on Friday.

"The connection with the people that have left the Falcons is important," Williams said. "With Coach [Jim] Mora, Mr. [Tim] Ruskell and Patrick Kerney in Seattle, that causes us to be comfortable."

Mora was fired by the Falcons as the head coach after the 2006. Ruskell served as Atlanta's assistant general manager until being named Seattle's president of football operations in 2005. Former defensive end Patrick Kerney signed with Seattle last season.

Williams said he hopes to have a deal completed over the weekend. One other team is interested in Crumpler, but he may just sign with the Seahawks if they make a bonafide offer.

LINK

I'm not sure I'd be so happy. Asante Samuel is not really the type of corner that fits into Philly's system. The Giants passed on him because they felt he benefitted from his system in New England and that he was more of a cover 2 type corner that would fit well somewhere like Tampa. Philly runs a defense much like the Giants, blitzing a lot...Samuel might not be the best fit there.

And I believe they paid a TON to get him. I heard $30 million guaranteed. I could be wrong.

I think they overpaid big time for Samuel. He was a great corner in New England, but I think he benefitted a lot from their system and the talent around him. If I had to bet, I'd say the Eagles won't get their money's worth from this deal.

I'm surprised the Giants are trying to re-sign Ward so bad with the combo of Jacobs and Bradshaw...it seems like they could probably fill that void with a cheaper option.

Former Falcons tight end Alge Crumpler is close to signing with the Seattle Seahawks, according to his agent James "Butch" Williams.

Crumpler has already visited with Tampa Bay and Tennessee and was in Seattle on Friday.

"The connection with the people that have left the Falcons is important," Williams said. "With Coach [Jim] Mora, Mr. [Tim] Ruskell and Patrick Kerney in Seattle, that causes us to be comfortable."

Mora was fired by the Falcons as the head coach after the 2006. Ruskell served as Atlanta's assistant general manager until being named Seattle's president of football operations in 2005. Former defensive end Patrick Kerney signed with Seattle last season.

Williams said he hopes to have a deal completed over the weekend. One other team is interested in Crumpler, but he may just sign with the Seahawks if they make a bonafide offer.

LINK

Now see, nobody took me seriously when I said Mora would play a part in this...

Come on up to the Great Northwest, Alge!!! :dancinga

Bengals must make some moves soon. The fan base is sick of it. I have spoken with 5 friends who are close to selling off their PSL's.

Why?

The teams that are perennially championship contenders rarely do a lot in free agency: Giants, Steelers, Ravens, (until this season) Patriots, Colts.

Now the Bengals definitely need to draft better; the '07 draft was a start; what hurt them was the '04 draft; they drafted 6 defensive players in rounds 2-4 and Geathers is the only current good player of the bunch.

Why?

The teams that are perennially championship contenders rarely do a lot in free agency: Giants, Steelers, Ravens, (until this season) Patriots, Colts.

Now the Bengals definitely need to draft better; the '07 draft was a start; what hurt them was the '04 draft; they drafted 6 defensive players in rounds 2-4 and Geathers is the only current good player of the bunch.

One of the worst defenses in the league, lost 3 starters, and have not added anyone usefull in FA last year and thus far this year. Sure if you wanna do the draft method you may get results in 2-3 years. But the fans are not gonna wait 2-3 years. There are too many cavities on this team to fix by the draft only. Plus they have the money... how would you feel if your ticket price has gone up 30 dollars (since the Marvin era) and the team is losing or mediocre?

I think we have to take a serious run at Odom and Mcree. I'm not saying go out and sign everyone but we need to plug some holes then try and draft better. That is if we want to think about contending next year.

Plus morale is way down from the fan base after the Rogers incident.

Jevon Walker has been cut by the Broncos and is in talks with Dallas! That could be one scary offense!

A.Samuel is going to make more than the whole secondary in Philly combined which apperantly isn't sitting to well with the folks there.

Fanaca is probably going to be a jet although the Cards have talked to him too and Mike Turner is talking with the Bears (huge pickup for them if they get him IMO).

Issac Bruce is now a 49er.