NFL Free Agency Rumors (Free Agency Started at midnight)

Tons of rumors floating around...

Players that will reportedly be involved in bidding wars as soon as midnight hits include WR Bernard Berrian, CB Asante Samuel, and Giants S Gibril Wilson. The Titans have showed heavy interest in Berrian, and Samuel is already reportedly talking to several teams including the Saints, Eagles, Jets, and Bucs. Gibril is generating interest from Oakland, Philadelphia, and Jacksonville.

• - The Giants are reportedly set to contact former Jets Safety Erik Coleman.

• - Giants have a 2-year deal on the table for RB Derrick Ward. The deal is rumored to be worth close to $4 million. Ward is expected to test the market for a chance at a starting job and longer deal.

• - The Washington Redskins will contact CB Drayton Florence after midnight.

• - The Miami Dolphins will contact RB Julius Jones after midnight.

• - The Detroit Lions are rumored to be the favorites to land RB Michael Turner, formerly of the SD Chargers.

• - THE NEW ORLEANS SAINTS HAVE REPORTEDLY SPOKEN WITH GIANTS G.M JERRY REESE ABOUT A POSSIBLE TRADE FOR JEREMY SHOCKEY. THE SAINTS ARE RUMORED TO BE OFFERING A 3RD ROUND DRAFT PICK, AND MAY BE WILLING TO GO AS HIGH AS A 2ND RD PICK.

• - Philadelphia Eagles are close to a six-year deal with CB Asante Samuel. The deal reportedly includes $30+ million in guaranteed money.

• - G Alan Faneca is speaking to the New York Jets. Faneca is looking for at least a 4-year deal upwards of $30 million.

• - VILMA OFFICIALLY TRADED TO SAINTS FOR CONDITIONAL PICK IN 2009

• - The Vikings have stepped into the bidding for the services of WR Bernard Berrian. Berrian's top potential landing spots include Tennessee, San Fransisco, and now Minnesota.

• - OG Justin Smiley signs a 5 year, 25 million dollar deal to play in Miami. Smiley, former 49er, will get $9 million in guarantees.

• - BENGALS, SAINTS, JETS REPORTEDLY HAVE INTEREST IN LB KAWIKA MITCHELL

• - WR Bernard Berrian, DE Justin Smith - both have visits lined up with the Minnesota Vikings

• - DB Asante Samuel to fly to Philadelphia later today for a meeting with team officials.

• - SEAHAWKS, CARDINALS, FALCONS EXPECTED TO SHOW INTEREST IN RB DERRICK WARD

• - Center Jeff Faine has signed a deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

• - GIBRIL WILSON CLOSE TO DEAL WITH OAKLAND RAIDERS. THE DEAL IS RUMORED TO BE IN THE RANGE OF 5 YEARS - $32 MILLION.

• - The Jacksonville Jags will pursue FA wideout Jerry Porter, according to several media reports.

• - BEARS LB BELIEVED TO BE IN CONTACT WITH SEVERAL TEAMS, INCLUDING THE NEW YORK GIANTS.

• - DeMorrio Williams, LB from Atlanta, is generating interest from the Chicago Bears and Kansas City Chiefs.

• - BRIGGS REPORTEDLY ALSO STILL IN CONTACT WITH BEARS, AS WELL AS 49ERS AND REDSKINS.

• - ProFootballTalk reports that OT Kwame Harris has signed with the Oakland Raiders.

LINK

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saints wanting Shockey huh? Sean Peyton used to be Shockey's offensive coordinator.

I doubt the Giants will give up Shockey for a 2nd or 3rd. Maybe a 2nd AND 3rd, or a 1st. I don't see it happening though.

I thought you originally said they wouldn't consider trading him at all? :sssh:

Kearse is done...signing him would be a huge mistake, IMO...unless they get him extremely cheap. Perhaps they could sign him for a cheap base with incentives. Then it might be worth it, but there's no way I'd give him much of a guarantee.

I thought you originally said they wouldn't consider trading him at all? :sssh:

I still don't think they will consider it.

The Saints were the ones who are interested.

Most of the Giants beat writers think it's absurd as well. One even pointed out how Wellington Mara had a very close relationship to Shockey, and that one thing the Giants do not do is trade "special" players. Shockey is close to the Mara's therefore it's not likely they will trade him. Mike Garafalo reported this.

Here's what I've heard today.

I heard Derek Anderson re-signed with Cleveland.

Kawika Mitchell (LB, NYG) agreed to terms with Buffalo.

Gibril Wilson is talking to Oakland, and they may sign him soon.

Reggie Torbor (LB, NYG) is going to Miami.

The Giants hope to re-sign Derrick Ward to a 1-2 year deal.

The Giants TURNED DOWN New Orleans offer for Jeremy Shockey.

That Jeremy Shockey-to-New Orleans trade foray was true in that the Saints did call. But the Giants turned them down.

The Giants are also interested in Erik Coleman, and Sammy Knight, and Lance Briggs.

And the DeAngelo Hall to NYG trade is dead ... for now.

LINK