Islam

jwstum00

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read several people's opinions on this board about the differences between Islam and Christianity.

Lots of people had opinions, but much of what I read was just that... opinion.

If I could, I'd like to start a fact-based discussion about the in's and out's of the religion, and it's relationship throughout history with Christianity. We can keep the discussion pretty open, as long as we bring facts backed by hard evidence.

The reason I bring this up is because I am currently in a Middle Eastern history class, and from what i've learned so far about the actual history of Islam they seemed far more accepting of other religions than anyone in Europe at the time of the founding of their faith.

I've heard alot of people call Islam a faith based in violence, but I have a hard time really beleiving that.

Everyone just tell me what you think, and again try and bring some evidence.

Thanks

Nice topic. I'll join in later when I'm not tired. But I have to ask, Prof. Motamedi?

Yeah, Jesus never did go by the Ten Commandments did He...

Well, He did make a regular habit of breaking the Sabbath...:D

Of course, the Ten Commandments are a little different than the rest of the law. They're basic guidelines that pretty much cover how we should live...a big part of the rest of the law is what should be done when these commandments are broken. That's what I was getting at. I assumed most people could figure that out.

Why didn't Jesus pick up a rock and stone the woman who had been caught in adultery?