40th district coin flip

IC

This is not true. Last year both games were played on Monday and the Championship on Thursday. The year before both games were played on Wednesday and the Championship on Friday.

It sounds like although the play is not in the gym, the school does not want to compete with it since it runs three straight days. I'm also assuming that the schools agreed to the schedule @ Montgomery for the boys to accommodate the girls. I believe there is an issue trying to get quality officials for all these nights as well.

It's a horrible injustice to both the boys and girls, but I think the coaches and administrator were probably handcuffed by some of the limitations due to the conflicts.

So you are saying it was the same way last year? I know the boys was at GRC...what about the girls? Were they the same nights too? Boy I know I am getting old...guess the old memory isn't what it used to be...:lol:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are saying it was the same way last year? I know the boys was at GRC...what about the girls? Were they the same nights too? Boy I know I am getting old...guess the old memory isn't what it used to be...:lol:

I think the girls was at Bourbon on Feb 26 and March 1, and boys was Feb 27 and March 2.

Hey Sunrise, I'm not positive about the boys. The girls were @ Bourbon last year and Montgomery the year before. I'm pretty sure the boys were played on different nights than the girls, which would make sense so that the fans could support their schools alot easier than they will this year.

Why is having the girls on M, T, W a issue? I agree with another poster, that the boys schedule is the problem.

The only real issue are the 2 teams playing the second night and then turning around and playing the next night for the championship. Although not a huge issue, the champion at least avoids Mason Co. for one round while the runner up will have to play probably either Mason, Brossart or Harrison (I'm hoping my crystal ball is working alright).

The only real issue are the 2 teams playing the second night and then turning around and playing the next night for the championship. Although not a huge issue, the champion at least avoids Mason Co. for one round while the runner up will have to play probably either Mason, Brossart or Harrison (I'm hoping my crystal ball is working alright).

I agree on playing 2 nights in a row....but when it comes post season, you usually expect that. I just feel for the parents, fans, friends and family that will want to see both the boys and girls on the same night.

I agree on playing 2 nights in a row....but when it comes post season, you usually expect that. I just feel for the parents, fans, friends and family that will want to see both the boys and girls on the same night.

That is my biggest complaint, also! Something better could have been worked out.