Can UK make it two years in row vs. UL

beleiveinblue54

I got the picture my bad, rookie mistake.

The only thing UL has goin for them is the game is at thier house.

I disagree wholeheartedly.

I feel that UK's defense may be better, but I don't think UK's offense will be better. I'll reserve my judgement of the UL defense until after spring practice, when we have a chance to see what the new DC has been able to do.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So UL's terrible pass defense last year ( who let Syracuse pass for 450+) will be better than UK's experienced pass defense this year?

Well, I figure it can't be worse. :lol: We have a new DC, new strength & conditioning coach....I said before, I'm reserving judgement until after the spring game, at least. I may wait to pass full judgement until after the Kentucky game. :D

Also, are you saying that Kentucky's Offense is sure to be better than this year's offense?

I actually believe the things you mentioned favor UK (this year)... UK will know what they plan to do week 1, UL will not...

UK hasn't run the spread the way they will with Pulley. If he is the starter, you will have a ton of new faces trying to run an unfamiliar system. This is a distinct disadvantage because UofL will be doing the same things with a QB that has more experience than Pulley playing the position.

Both teams will have their plans for week 1, but UK could get some bugs out against a live opponent not as talented as UofL if they had them later in the season.

Well, I figure it can't be worse. :lol: We have a new DC, new strength & conditioning coach....I said before, I'm reserving judgement until after the spring game, at least. I may wait to pass full judgement until after the Kentucky game. :D

Also, are you saying that Kentucky's Offense is sure to be better than this year's offense?

:lol:You think a new strength and conditioning coach is going to turn around UL's pass deffense?

I thought we were talking about the teams as a whole? I think a new strength and conditioning coach can definitely have impact on both our defense and our offense.

And, I asked: Do you think UK's offense will be better next year than this year's?

:lol:You think a new strength and conditioning coach is going to turn around UL's pass deffense?

Strength and conditioning are a part of a total football team and having a good coach is underrated.

Are you willing to argue that strength and conditioning are not a part of pass defense (careful, I am a HS football coach so I have experience arguing the merits :lol:).