What grade would you give the Enquirer?

I think it has been pretty good. Since it is a morning paper, they don't seem to have the box scores of some games. Perfect example of this is when Highlands beat Boone County, which was a big upset, and there was only a small paragraph about the game. But other than that, I think the coverage has been pretty good.

D- I think it has been terrible. No coverage of teams other than the top rated 3 or so. How about some pictures of a variety of players, instead of providing enough pictures of two or three players to make their own scrap book from. Also, although not unique to the Enquirer, I would love to read about some awesome defensive plays, rebounding, team spirit, or physical toughness mixed in with the reports of points scored. As previously discussed on here... there are more players contributing to the game than just the top scorer!:irked:

I can't speak for the enquirer but I can speak for the Ledger Independent out of Maysville. I am disappointed with it. The girls Class A is going on in Paris and some teams that are local were playing last night and I guess no one could find the time to cover the games. A little disappointed with that.

I think a D is generous. The Enquirer is very bad when it comes to High School and Youth Sports in a whole. Now to defend them on this I would have to say they do not have enough individuals to cover everything. And of course they will go to the bigger schools. Just my opinion. JD

"D"

I've been very disappointed by the Enquirer's coverage since the Post died. Highlands, Ryle, Notre Dame, and Boone County get their share, but what about everybody else?

Highlands beat the number one team in the region the other night and received a very small write up while they treated the NC v. Holy Cross All A game like the NCAA finals. Overall I think they've done an ok job and have been pretty fair.

Highlands beat the number one team in the region the other night and received a very small write up while they treated the NC v. Holy Cross All A game like the NCAA finals. Overall I think they've done an ok job and have been pretty fair.

In all fairness the HC vs. NCC game should have got more recognition than that game, because they are playing in a big tournament. However there should have been a bigger story for Highlands winning than what they had...

They pick the games they are going to cover ahead of time, so they can't have a reporter at every game. They list whic games will be covered that nght in the paper. I'm sure it would be very tough to get a score at 10:00 at night for a game they didn't have a reporter/photographer at and make it the feature story. As to which games they cover, that's another story.

Is it as good as the Post?- not even close. In reality, for high school level sports, the Post probably had us spoiled.

Is it better than it was?- Yes, have noticed the paragraph stories and more pictures.

The thing that I wonder is what is the difference in the size of the staff dedicated to the publications. With the Post, Terry B appeared to be the main reporter. The Enquirer has Ryan Ernst and uses several "contributors" whose names get attached to the articles- Bond, Mulcahey etc. Maybe I am wrong but on the surface, the Post appeared to have less resources than the Enquirer but the Post coverage was much better.

Does anyone know if Ryan Ernst has any assignment other than Northern Kentucky Sports? I wonder if that is a full time or part-time position? Maybe the Enquirer really doesn’t have as many resources dedicated. By the way, I really miss the stat leaders. The discombobulated stats that they publish on Fridays really doesn’t tell much and it appears several schools are missing.

Is it as good as the Post?- not even close. In reality, for high school level sports, the Post probably had us spoiled.

Is it better than it was?- Yes, have noticed the paragraph stories and more pictures.

The thing that I wonder is what is the difference in the size of the staff dedicated to the publications. With the Post, Terry B appeared to be the main reporter. The Enquirer has Ryan Ernst and uses several "contributors" whose names get attached to the articles- Bond, Mulcahey etc. Maybe I am wrong but on the surface, the Post appeared to have less resources than the Enquirer but the Post coverage was much better.

Does anyone know if Ryan Ernst has any assignment other than Northern Kentucky Sports? I wonder if that is a full time or part-time position? Maybe the Enquirer really doesn’t have as many resources dedicated. By the way, I really miss the stat leaders. The discombobulated stats that they publish on Fridays really doesn’t tell much and it appears several schools are missing.

Coaches don't send the stats in and not much Enquirer can do about that.