Ashland 71 Russell 42

Where is everyone who said Dodd should be Coach of the Year (06-07) when he had talent. I know they are REALLY (really) down this year, but he is the same coach isn't he? This is my point about COY honors, it should not be hand delivered b/c of team records.

What system can work for Russell this year? Who knows! I don't claim to have the answers, but I have begin to observe "the natives are restless" with the coaching there.

Back to the topic, Tomcats just ran through the Devils and didn't look back. After the Cats scored 45 points, it had to be over for the Devils. Congrats Cats on a greatly executed game, Devils good luck with the rest of your season and I hope you find luck with the rest of your season.

By the way, What is Russell's stance on seeding the districts now? I would say they would still favor it to this day.

What system can work for Russell this year? Who knows! I don't claim to have the answers, but I have begin to observe "the natives are restless" with the coaching there

I have to assume you mean they are "restless" with the middle school, freshmen, and JV coaches.........Isnt this where most of the current roster would have been playing the past couple of seasons? Is it the Varsity coaches sole responsibility for player development as they come up thru the ranks? I am certainly not casting stones toward the coaches at those levels. In fact, I dont even know who they are. I am simply making a point that it would be silly for the "natives" to take out their frustrations on the Varsity coach in what can only be described as a rebuilding year.

Honestly neither team is very good.

Matt Thomas could do whatever he wanted tonight and Ashland shot the ball very well. Ashland's big people get up the court very well which led to alot of runouts. Delaney was very good shooting the ball tonight. Take Thomas out of the mix though and this team is not much better than Russell.

Russell actually had some bright spots IMO. Greg Bender really plays hard and at times Russell handled the traps pretty well. Problem is they don't finish. Tanner Alexander looked pretty good at times as well. Turnovers and poor shooting really make it hard on Russell.

Russell is not very good this year, I think everyone will agree. But honestly if all the kids had not have transfered in they would not have been good for the past three or four years like they have been. None of Russell's best player's last year were from Russell. If they all would have stayed where they were supposed to go then Russell would have been just as been the past four years as they are now. JMO

Russell is not very good this year, I think everyone will agree. But honestly if all the kids had not have transfered in they would not have been good for the past three or four years like they have been. None of Russell's best player's last year were from Russell. If they all would have stayed where they were supposed to go then Russell would have been just as been the past four years as they are now. JMO

Get over it already. They all lived in the school district. Maybe not from the time they were born but at this time they do. Maybe Thomas should have stayed at Rose Hill as well. Is that where they all belong? If all of those kids would have stayed Royals just imagine the run of championships that they would have had. I'm sure everyone that has ever played for Ashland was born and raised in the Ashland school district.:rolleyes:

The Tomcats aren't exactly the greatest team in the world either. Neither team will be a factor in the region.

Just another post to stir the pot.

Get over it already. They all lived in the school district. Maybe not from the time they were born but at this time they do. Maybe Thomas should have stayed at Rose Hill as well. Is that where they all belong? If all of those kids would have stayed Royals just imagine the run of championships that they would have had. I'm sure everyone that has ever played for Ashland was born and raised in the Ashland school district.:rolleyes:

The Tomcats aren't exactly the greatest team in the world either. Neither team will be a factor in the region.

Good post:thumb:

Where is everyone who said Dodd should be Coach of the Year (06-07) when he had talent. I know they are REALLY (really) down this year, but he is the same coach isn't he? This is my point about COY honors, it should not be hand delivered b/c of team records.

What system can work for Russell this year? Who knows! I don't claim to have the answers, but I have begin to observe "the natives are restless" with the coaching there.

The talent you are speaking of last year are the kids Coach Dodd developed over a 4 year period through his outstanding teaching and coaching ability. Had these kids played elsewhere, would they have appeared as talented? Simply put, No! Did Jon Vanhoose inherit his skills from his father, who by the way, could never go left, or were they developed over time by the coaching staff at Russell? By the way, Jon's dad is a much better coach than player.;)

Should Coach Dodd have been COY last year? My opinion is yes.:thumb:

Should he be COY this year? John Wooden or Adolph Rupp would have no more wins at this point in the season.

Will Russell be down for a couple of years while Coach Dodd teaches and develops this young group. Probably.

For any of your so called restless natives, :flame::fire: this coaching staff and support group can stand the heat.:thumb:

Honestly neither team is very good.

Matt Thomas could do whatever he wanted tonight and Ashland shot the ball very well. Ashland's big people get up the court very well which led to alot of runouts. Delaney was very good shooting the ball tonight. Take Thomas out of the mix though and this team is not much better than Russell.

Russell actually had some bright spots IMO. Greg Bender really plays hard and at times Russell handled the traps pretty well. Problem is they don't finish. Tanner Alexander looked pretty good at times as well. Turnovers and poor shooting really make it hard on Russell.

:thumb::devil:

I seriously doubt they all lived in the Russell school district when they went there. :rolleyes: