Evolution vs Creationism vs Intelligent Design Catch-All Thread

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but it would seem to me that a Being capable of speaking the universe into existance would not have a difficult time speeding up any evolutionary process He deemed fit.

True. But someone who doesn't believe in evolution at all would not use that response b/c then they'd have to admit it does exist. Unless you're Ken Hamm and you scream and cry about evolution being bunk and then use it to explain how animals diversified after the flood.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. But someone who doesn't believe in evolution at all would not use that response b/c then they'd have to admit it does exist. Unless you're Ken Hamm and you scream and cry about evolution being bunk and then use it to explain how animals diversified after the flood.

I believe life evolves. I believe in the process of natural selection. I don't believe that requires all life to begin as a single cell branching out into thousands of species over millions of years. I believe the seven day/ six thousand years ago method of creation is entirely within God's capabilities, including the ability to alter it to appear as though it is much older. I also believe we (mankind) may have somewhere along the line misinterpreted the story of Genisis and it happened somewhat differently or in a different time span. Regardless, it only matters if someone is attempting to discredit the creation process as a means of creating doubt concerning The Creator.