Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region Softball

Featured Replies

Who are the top 10 teams in the 10th Region this year?

 

I am going with:

 

1) Montgomery

2) Clark

3) Nicholas

3) Bracken

4) Bishop Brossart

5) Bourbon

6) Harrison

7) Scott

8) Pendleton

9) Mason

10) Campbell

  • Replies 35
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Nicholas Co and Harrison lose alot of players to graduation? Pendleton is returning 6-7 seniors this year, only lost 1 to graduation, I do believe they will be higher than 8th. They beat Bracken, Scott, Bishop Brossart and Campbell Co last year and a 2 run loss to Nicholas in the district game. I do believe that if Pendleton is going to make a run in the district/region, 2008 is the year, they may be the sleeper team this year.

My pick: 1. Montgomery

2. Clark

3. Bourbon

4. Harrison

5. Pendleton

6. Bracken

7. Bishop Brossart

8. Nicholas Co

9. Mason

10. Scott

11. Campbell Co

  • Author

I can't see Pendleton beating Nicholas, Bracken, Harrison, Brossart this year. You have to remember that even though they did have a nice year in 07, all of those teams beat them as well. Bracken last to Montgomery in the Regionals 4-2 and only lost two starters. I look for them to be a regional contender. Nicholas has many nice players back and will be a contender as well. Harrison lost a lot and there coach. They might struggle but I still see them beating Pendleton.

Harrison lost a lot and there coach. They might struggle but I still see them beating Pendleton.

 

 

Didn't know Harrison coach was gone, do you know where and why?

  • Author

Mason County? This is softball. You know that right?? I have them ranked 9th and that is questionable!!

Where do you think they go?

  • Author

He resigned for some reason. He coached several years. I guess he wanted a break??

Didn't know Harrison coach was gone, do you know where and why?

 

I wouldn't expect the coaching change to have much of an impact at Harrison Co. They hired Christine Garnett to take over. She is a former player and has been an assistant there for the last few years. She will do fine. I've also heard that Gary Philpott, former assistant at Harrison and GRC, is coming out of retirement and is going to be helping out at Harrison this year. Can anyone confirm this? If so, he will be a great assest to a young, first year head coach.

As for the rankings.....

 

1. Montgomery Co. should be the clear cut favorite

 

2. Clark Co. the solid second choice

 

Other contenders: Bracken Co., Brossart, Nicholas Co., Harrison Co., & Bourbon Co. in no particular order.

 

I must admitt that I really don't know anything about Pendleton Co.

I agree with Montgomery #1 mainly due to their pitching. Clark#2, the rest I am not for sure about. Harrison did have coach Philpot helping them at a camp they had a couple months ago.They had Megan Willis of the Texas longhorns at their high school putting on a clinic and it went ok.Harrison will be ok but I was told their pitcher might be out unless the doctor releases her.They only have young pitching which might hurt them but they do have a very good defense and offense.

It is a two horse race between Montgomery and Clark with Montgomery the favorite. They will play four times next year, 2x in district, district championship, and then regional final. Last year Clark won the first three and Montgomery won the one that counted. Montgomery has superior pitching at this point, but if Haggard (a freshman) and May (8th grader) come thru for Clark and keep improving, then come late May 2007, it could be a jim dandy championship game. Clark has every position player back from a 32-6 team last year that started three 8th graders (Collins, Haggard, and Williams)along with a freshman, Woosley. So win or lose this year, the future is bright for Clark.

Mason Co

 

Mason County lost 4 key players last year, and don't really return a lot. I believe they will struggle quite a bit. Maybe when these young middle schoolers start playing together, there will be more talent, but until then... it's going to be a long year for Mason County.

Mason County lost 4 key players last year, and don't really return a lot. I believe they will struggle quite a bit. Maybe when these young middle schoolers start playing together, there will be more talent, but until then... it's going to be a long year for Mason County.

 

True, those four seniors were extremely important to the program, for many years. I wouldn't say they don't return a lot though. Coming back are five of their top seven hitters and both of their two starting pitchers. If a couple of the JV (or even younger) players can step up, they can still make noise in the district! Don't forget, Bracken lost some seniors too. I say it's a lot more even in the 39th (with a improved St. Pat squad also) than people think.

I wouldn't expect the coaching change to have much of an impact at Harrison Co. They hired Christine Garnett to take over. She is a former player and has been an assistant there for the last few years. She will do fine. I've also heard that Gary Philpott, former assistant at Harrison and GRC, is coming out of retirement and is going to be helping out at Harrison this year. Can anyone confirm this? If so, he will be a great assest to a young, first year head coach.

 

Coach Persinger will be missed, but I think Coach Garnett brings a new enthusiasm. She was an All American @ Georgetown and is very dedicated to HCHS softball. I have seen her out multiple times in the fall and winter working on the softball field, getting it ready for the spring.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.