Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

San Diego 81 UK 72

Featured Replies

Stop the hard practices on game day. Walk through is fine, but with no bench, the hard practice is taking our legs.

  • Replies 144
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just think if UK beats Flo Int and UL that puts them at 7-6. If they go 8-8 in the SEC season that makes them 15-14! That is not a tourny team....UK better be hoping for a NIT bid.

I dont want to make excuses for UK but SD made alot of big shots. UK doesnt have the offense right now and I dont know if they will this year. PP had another great game but its over shadowed by the way UK continues to be inconsistant.

 

They don't have anyone that can rebound either. This game was terrible.

There is a chance that this team could lose their legs for the season, he had better be real careful.

I dont want to make excuses for UK but SD made alot of big shots. UK doesnt have the offense right now and I dont know if they will this year. PP had another great game but its over shadowed by the way UK continues to be inconsistant.

 

Actually, the team itself has been quite consistent ... :sssh:

I'll take 12 Kentucky boys that care about Kentucky basketball and give everything they have any day over this bunch of losers (ie Farmer, Feldhaus, Pelphrey, Ford, etc. etc.).

This was my first time ever seeing a game at Rupp. :lol:

 

I was really amazed by the atmosphere before the game downstairs at the mall area. Even more so because it was an out of conference, "supposedly" crap opponent.

 

Watching the game live was as bothersome as it was to watch it on the TV. Like everyone on the board, I have seen this team play every game this year and nothing has changed.

 

This team might not get 10 wins til February, if even then.

I would put UK up against any church team in the state.....

 

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have a prayer. :rolleyes:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'll leave you to decide which team I'm referring to.

:D

I here by declare this team the UNWATCHABLES!!!!!

 

I concur...

I have a question to UK fans. I read earlier in this thread that Tubby is to blame for this team.

 

My question is how do you know Tubby wouldn't have a better record? These are his kids that he recruited. He brought them in to fit his style of play. There would be no learning period to go through. So I just don't see them losing being his fault. Now lack of depth can be blamed on Tubby. But poor defense and effort falls on someone else.

 

BCG may want to think about changing his style a little to fit the kids he has until he can get the kids in he wants.

BCG may want to think about changing his style a little to fit the kids he has until he can get the kids in he wants.

 

JP Blevins made a good point on Drew Deener's call in show the other day. It is easy for the a coach to start hard and then gradually go soft later in his career when he needs to - but it is almost impossible for a coach to start soft and then go hard later on.

 

If BCG wants to take his brand of coaching into the future and get the respect and effort from players that he is wanting - he has to enforce it now.

 

All that said, I can't explain today.

I'm not a fan up Tubby's recruiting and late game decisions weren't very good. But, UK has enough talent to beat Gardener Webb, UAB, and San Diego. I'm pretty sure Tubby would have beaten them.

I here by declare this team the UNWATCHABLES!!!!!

 

 

 

:thumb:

I have a question to UK fans. I read earlier in this thread that Tubby is to blame for this team.

 

My question is how do you know Tubby wouldn't have a better record? These are his kids that he recruited. He brought them in to fit his style of play. There would be no learning period to go through. So I just don't see them losing being his fault. Now lack of depth can be blamed on Tubby. But poor defense and effort falls on someone else.

 

BCG may want to think about changing his style a little to fit the kids he has until he can get the kids in he wants.

 

:ylsuper:

There could be a million excuses made for why UK isn't performing well but I don't buy any of them anymore. The talent might not be what has been in the past and the talent that is there might be banged up but this team still has enough good players to not be this bad. If Patrick Patterson wasn't here I'd probably have lost all faith for this season in this program. As it is, all but one guy on this team have no real heart, no real determination, no real fire, no real intensity, no understanding of pride, whatever.

 

The coach hasn't proven to me yet that he is a good coach. People can argue he is dealing w/ Tubby's mess, but im not buying it. The guy has as many head games as anybody I have ever seen. Perhaps some of these guys need a wake up call, im not at the practices so I don't know, but his complete lack of a gameplan or even design to improve us from one game to another doesn't seem to suggest that he is suceeding in proving anything to this team. His in game adjustments are even more mind boggling, mainly because I haven't noticed any yet. I know he is dealing with two of his best players getting back into the swing of things but I'd also like some sort of logic or at least point to who is on the court at any time. Ramon Harris has done nothing to impress me this season yet he plays twenty plus minutes a game. Coury has slightly more purpose, seeing as he doesn't throw the ball away every play. I wish I could make a statement about Stewart but he Billy G doesn't seem to have made his own opinion up about this kid yet since he can start him one game and then suddenly realize five minutes later that he doesn't want him ever seeing the court again.

 

Im completely frustrated with this team. I've made mention before that my living in the Midwest five years has brought me in contact with many Nebraska football fans and now suddenly I fully know their pain. We are fans in love with a program that has always been attached to pride and success and now we must suffer through people who are running the program as if nothing about its history is of any importance (this is more percieved probably then what is true but regardless it is frustrating).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.