Who played the toughest schedule?

just 4 fun

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St X

Defeated 3 state champions, defeated Manual twice (top 5), also Ballard, PRP, and Male ( top 10). All non-district opponents made the 2nd round of playoffs.

I'm the biggest Central fan on here and I would agree that St. X played the toughest schedule, however Louisville Central should not be far behind. They played the 5A State Champions and 6A Runner-ups.

Central and Trinity who was the third?

I'm the biggest Central fan on here and I would agree that St. X played the toughest schedule, however Louisville Central should not be far behind. They played the 5A State Champions and 6A Runner-ups.

Central and Trinity who was the third?

The biggest problem I have with saying X had the toughest schedule is that while they played a bunch of very tough Ky schools, X had a large, very large or really blooming large size advantage over every team that they played with the exception of T, didn't they? Unless you dispute the conventional wisdom that size matters in football, while X played some tough teams, they did have a size advantage over most if not all of them. Now if X had scheduled some Ohio schools or national powerhouses of comparable size that would have been different, but they didn't that I can recall. If they did, then I apologize. Its the same problem I have with CovCath claiming NewCath and Beechwood as part of a tough schedule. I don't care how good those schools are, they shouldn't be tough opponents for a school the size and with a program as good as CovCath's.

It seems that two things are being discussed (and confused here)... there's talk about which team has the hardest schedule, period, and there's also talk about the most difficult schedule, given the size/class of the team in question.

If you are talking about most difficult schedule, period, then it probably has to be either Trinity, Saint X, or CCH, and Massey reflects this. However, if you looked at some teams not on the "high profile" radar and took a look at some of the strong programs they played, then it could be a team other than T, X, or CCH. In NKY, look at Beechwood and NCC... both small programs, but both really "played up" in the scheduling and probably should be given some consideration.

Also, if size is going to be taken into account, then Highlands should be considered since they played up two classes and had to play a full Class 5A playoff schedule (when, size-wise, they should have been 3A).

Overall, Trinity playing the country's top team in Cincy should really count for a lot.

It seems that two things are being discussed (and confused here)... there's talk about which team has the hardest schedule, period, and there's also talk about the most difficult schedule, given the size/class of the team in question.

If you are talking about most difficult schedule, period, then it probably has to be either Trinity, Saint X, or CCH, and Massey reflects this. However, if you looked at some teams not on the "high profile" radar and took a look at some of the strong programs they played, then it could be a team other than T, X, or CCH. In NKY, look at Beechwood and NCC... both small programs, but both really "played up" in the scheduling and probably should be given some consideration.

Also, if size is going to be taken into account, then Highlands should be considered since they played up two classes and had to play a full Class 5A playoff schedule (when, size-wise, they should have been 3A).

Overall, Trinity playing the country's top team in Cincy should really count for a lot.

You seem to be forgetting Louisville Central in that too.

You seem to be forgetting Louisville Central in that too.

If size is going to be taken into consideration, then definitely Central deserves some consideration. My point is that when taking a school's size into account, a lot of programs deserve consideration. If you are looking at schedule strength, period, it's hard to argue against either T or X.

If size is going to be taken into consideration, then definitely Central deserves some consideration. My point is that when taking a school's size into account, a lot of programs deserve consideration. If you are looking at schedule strength, period, it's hard to argue against either T or X.

Outside of a few schools I really think that Central's S.O.S. was better than ours or St.X's.

But those "few schools" were pretty significant, wouldn't you say?

Well yeah. Cincy St.X is nothing to sneeze at, but it doesn't do much to really build up our schedule though in some cases with other schools like:

Ballard-Decent to mediocre team

Seneca-Not that good

Eastern-Good QB, not much else

Butler- Ugly season for the Bears

PRP- Panthers showed themselves to be overrated this season again

Paul Dunbar-Disappointing

Lafayette- See above, I expected more out of the Lexinton schools we played.

On our schedule. None of those teams impressed me this year. Now it could have been that we were just that good(we were good this year, no doubt), but I don't look at our schedule and find it that impressive outside of:

Louisville St.X

Cincy St.X

Bowling Green (the team you saw in the finals was nothing like the team we faced)

3 good teams

Maybe I am being too harsh on the other 7, but I don't understand how Massey could put us at the top.

Well yeah. Cincy St.X is nothing to sneeze at, but it doesn't do much to really build up our schedule though in some cases with other schools like:

Ballard

Seneca

Eastern

Butler

PRP

Paul Dunbar

Lafayette

On our schedule. None of those teams impressed me this year. Now it could have been that we were just that good(we were good this year, no doubt), but I don't look at our schedule and find it that impressive outside of:

Louisville St.X

Cincy St.X

Bowling Green (the team you saw in the finals was nothing like the team we faced)

3 good teams

Maybe I am being too harsh on the other 7, but I don't understand how Massey could put us at the top.

Keep in mind, you played one of those three good teams twice (Lou. St. X).

Keep in mind, you played one of those three good teams twice (Lou. St. X).

I wasn't bringing playoffs into it. However I can.

Seneca-See above

Ballard-See above

Henry Clay- Lot of hype, didn't compare to the last 2 HC teams we played

Boone County- Better than I expected, I would say they were probably the best 4A/6A NKY team Trinity has played in a while

St.X- I don't think they need any comments.

vs. Bowling Green

v. Henry Clay

vs. Danville

vs.Lafayette

vs. Lexington Catholic [Conference]

vs. Mercer County

vs. East Jessamine [Conference]

vs. West Jessamine [Conference]

vs. Dunbar

Boyle always has a tough schedule.

The bottom part of the schedule could be fuzzy with the order.