All A Volleyball tournament

Lunatic1

Yes...big push for an All A volleyball tournament. It IS going to happen. Just a matter of WHO wants to play in it.

It is going to cost some teams a tournament(maybe even 2 tournaments), so some teams may have to drop a tourney that they had done in the past.

Trying to push for dates at the end of September or very early October.

It is set up by regions...2 teams from each region would move on to the All A tournament, forming a 32 team tourney.

That is where burning 2 tournaments may be an issue...you'd burn a tournament if you succeed and move on to the All A tourney, but you may also have to burn a tournament to have a Regional All A tourney to decide who the top 2 teams are from that Region. If you already play everybody in your region, you would not have to play a Regional tourney as you could use your regular season games as a seeding process. Hope that makes a little sense.

The fella setting it up is using the All A basketball Regions

as a guide...that is about all I know. So if they are eligible for the All A

in girls basketball...they are eligible for All A in volleyball.

I'm going to guess that some of the NKY and Louisville schools that are eligible for the All-A will not play in it.

Correct...Some will opt out. Either they think they are too good and a waste of time or vice versa.

Just an interested spectator here, needing a lesson.

What do you guys mean by "All A", I'm not familiar with the term.

Thanks in advance.

All A means all Single A schools. Enrollment of around 500-599 kids or less.(somewhere in there)

I just think none of the good teams will want to commit to the games and the time span. That's prime time to play in tourneys against other good Louisville, NKY, and Ohio teams.

That is understood, this way the all A rural schools get a chance to compete. I love the all A tournament and for many teams out in Kentucky it is the only chance for any type of state title.

I think participation would depend on what type of commitment there is from throughout the state. Using a 600 enrollment figure these schools would be elligible

St. Henry

Owensboro Catholic

NCC

Holy Cross Covington

Louisville Ballard

Holy Cross Louisville

Beechwood

Louisville Presentation is at 676 so that would depend on the enrollment cutoff. That may be enough to attract each of these teams to participate. I would think that all of the "A" sized schools would look at this as a chance to win a state title.

I think participation would depend on what type of commitment there is from throughout the state. Using a 600 enrollment figure these schools would be elligible

St. Henry

Owensboro Catholic

NCC

Holy Cross Covington

Louisville Ballard

Holy Cross Louisville

Beechwood

Louisville Presentation is at 676 so that would depend on the enrollment cutoff. That may be enough to attract each of these teams to participate. I would think that all of the "A" sized schools would look at this as a chance to win a state title.

Well, I hope all of the above teams decide to play. I think it is a great idea!

Is Louisville Presentation an all girls school? If so, my guess is that they are not considered class A. Class A numbers usually includes male and female students. Schools of the same gender are classified accordingly.

Well, I hope all of the above teams decide to play. I think it is a great idea!

Is Louisville Presentation an all girls school? If so, my guess is that they are not considered class A. Class A numbers usually includes male and female students. Schools of the same gender are classified accordingly.

Pres is all girls. The above enrollment number is wrong though, unless you are doubling for being all girls. They were at 334 in 05-06, should be about the same this year. Pres has a pretty solid team after dealing with coaching turmoil a few years ago. Mercy is at 444 FYI, all girls of course.

See link

http://www.archlou.org/archlou/highschool

St. Henry

Owensboro Catholic

NCC

Holy Cross Covington

Louisville Ballard

Holy Cross Louisville

Beechwood

I have a really hard time believing that Louisville Ballard is that small. They are in Class 6A in football...not sure where those numbers are coming from.

As far as an All A Volleyball Classic, I do like the idea but think it should only be regional winners and then at state, they should be put into pool play format of four team in four groups and the top teams from each pool go on to play for the places 1-4, the 2nd place teams in each pool playing for 5-8.....and so on. This would be in the true sense of an AAU-type tournament....as far as I understand it being as.