All A Volleyball tournament

Lunatic1

Pres is all girls. The above enrollment number is wrong though, unless you are doubling for being all girls. They were at 334 in 05-06, should be about the same this year. Pres has a pretty solid team after dealing with coaching turmoil a few years ago. Mercy is at 444 FYI, all girls of course.

See link

http://www.archlou.org/archlou/highschool

Our school is a small class A school and we have about 150 girls. The largest class A school probably has at MOST 350 girls.

I have a really hard time believing that Louisville Ballard is that small. They are in Class 6A in football...not sure where those numbers are coming from.

You are correct. That is Ballard Memorial not Louisville Ballard. The numbers were taken from the 2 year average enrollment on the KHSAA website. The single gender schools do double their enrollment numbers for qualification purposes which is what I did with Presentation.

From what I understand, our school NCKC conference tournament will now become the All A regional and the top 2 teams will go on to the state to participate. I also have heard that all A now includes the smallest 125 high schools in Ky with no set enrollment you just have to fall in with the smallest.

(that may be for basketball only but who knows)

Is there any way to find good information on this?

From what I understand, our school NCKC conference tournament will now become the All A regional and the top 2 teams will go on to the state to participate. I also have heard that all A now includes the smallest 125 high schools in Ky with no set enrollment you just have to fall in with the smallest.

(that may be for basketball only but who knows)

Is there any way to find good information on this?

Since it will be the inagural year, there is alot of tweaking going on, like the dates...but here is what I last heard, and best info. I can give....

For the last couple years there has been a lot of talk around the state about starting a single A volleyball tournament. Well we are finally getting it off the ground.

It will be held at the Mid American Volleyball Academy in Louisville on Oct 1th, 11th and 12th. (may be diff't now) There will be two teams from each region in a three day, seven match tournament. There are already regional directors for each of the 16 regions. The format to get two representatives to state will be decided by the teams involved.

Some are using head to head play, others are using a tournament, some have already established conference play

and others are using a combination of systems. Alls that matters is that two teams will be recommended to play in the "state All-A tourny.

If you use a regional tournament then it will cost you a tournament in your scheduling. If your team makes it to the state

tourny then it will cost you another tournament. That is the way all the other single a events are run. I wish it could be different, but that how it goes. (KHSAA limit of 20 matches...3 of those 20 can be tournaments)

The money made from the regional events will be handled by the regional participants. The cost of the state event is

going to be covered by gate receipt and sponsors. The MAVA facility will not cost us anything. They are only going

to take concessions. If the cost isn't covered by gate, and sponsors then the cost will be billed to all 32 teams. We

currently have 2 sponsors and they should cover 1/3 the cost. Bring lots of fans. Even if we make no money at all the

cost shouldn't be more then a standard 5 match tourny.

Your regional Rep will have a lot of answers. There are already a lot of

regions that plan on sending representatives to this event. If a region can't send two for some reason

we will be sending our at large bids. I hope we don't have to do that though.

This event has nothing to do with the KHSAA district, regional or state competition that goes on at the end of the season. This is just anouther tourny like any of the other three you go to during the year. It only allows a certian type of school. Just like the big tournaments do.

Since it will be the inagural year, there is alot of tweaking going on, like the dates...but here is what I last heard, and best info. I can give....

For the last couple years there has been a lot of talk around the state about starting a single A volleyball tournament. Well we are finally getting it off the ground.

It will be held at the Mid American Volleyball Academy in Louisville on Oct 1th, 11th and 12th. (may be diff't now) There will be two teams from each region in a three day, seven match tournament. There are already regional directors for each of the 16 regions. The format to get two representatives to state will be decided by the teams involved.

Some are using head to head play, others are using a tournament, some have already established conference play

and others are using a combination of systems. Alls that matters is that two teams will be recommended to play in the "state All-A tourny.

If you use a regional tournament then it will cost you a tournament in your scheduling. If your team makes it to the state

tourny then it will cost you another tournament. That is the way all the other single a events are run. I wish it could be different, but that how it goes. (KHSAA limit of 20 matches...3 of those 20 can be tournaments)

The money made from the regional events will be handled by the regional participants. The cost of the state event is

going to be covered by gate receipt and sponsors. The MAVA facility will not cost us anything. They are only going

to take concessions. If the cost isn't covered by gate, and sponsors then the cost will be billed to all 32 teams. We

currently have 2 sponsors and they should cover 1/3 the cost. Bring lots of fans. Even if we make no money at all the

cost shouldn't be more then a standard 5 match tourny.

Your regional Rep will have a lot of answers. There are already a lot of

regions that plan on sending representatives to this event. If a region can't send two for some reason

we will be sending our at large bids. I hope we don't have to do that though.

This event has nothing to do with the KHSAA district, regional or state competition that goes on at the end of the season. This is just anouther tourny like any of the other three you go to during the year. It only allows a certian type of school. Just like the big tournaments do.

Thanks for the info ZX3. Any idea as to who the 9th Region Reps are going to be?