56 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets a chance at OSU

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the powers that be truly use the BCS rankings, how can LSU leap frog VT? Both played a ranked opponent in their conference title games. BC was ranked higher than UT in all polls, thus giving VT a slight edge in additional points in the BCS. Yes, VT got smoked by LSU early in the year, but both teams are very different now.

However, this year, I think you can throw quite a few names in a hat and draw 2.

USC has played only 2 teams with winning records, OSU has played 7. USC has lost 2 games(Stanford 4-8, Oregon 8-4), OSU 1 (Illinois 9-3). Why all the obviously biased hate for OSU? Facts appear to show that their schedule is tougher than USC's.

USC played 5 teams with break even or better records (Oregon St., Oregon, Cal, UCLA, Arizona St.). Ohio St. played 7 (Michigan, Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue, Michigan St., Penn St., Wisconsin). USC played 4 teams ranked in the top 20 at the time they played, 2 of whom were ranked in the top 10 (Oregon, ASU). Ohio St. did not play a team ranked in the top 10 at the time they played them all year, and in fact the 4 ranked teams they played were all ranked 20 or lower at the time. For non-conference games, Ohio St. feasted on the likes of Youngstown St., Kent St., and Akron. You're not going to convince me that the Big-10 is a tougher schedule than the Pac-10, in fact I don't think you'll convince most people.

The Stanford loss did USC in, but they did it with Booty having a fractured hand, half of an O-line and 2 missing linebackers. They lost to Oregon starting their backup QB, missing 2 linebackers, 2 DB's, and half of an O-line, and Oregon had a healthy Dennis Dixon. Ohio St. has no such excuse for the loss to Illinois.

Right now, the three teams playing the best overall football are USC, Georgia, and Oklahoma. If tOSU wants to prove their mettle, decline the title game bid and go to their traditional Rose Bowl matchup with USC, instead of perpetrating a fraud upon all of college football.:fight:

I think it would be a high scoring affair with Georgia coming out on top, because Hawaii's defense isn't anywhere near the level of their offense. However, I don't think it'd be a blowout.

Yes, it would. It would actually be half a high-scoring game --- Georgia wouldn't even punt until the fourth quarter.

If tOSU wants to prove their mettle, decline the title game bid and go to their traditional Rose Bowl matchup with USC, instead of perpetrating a fraud upon all of college football.:fight:

This could be the most ridiculous post I've ever read on BGP. Accepting an invitation to the National Championship game is perpetrating a fraud? I think it would be more of a fraud for any team to dodge an invite to the NC game.