Morehead Football

Qb7footballfan

Morehead is a great college town. I graduated in 77 and had the pleasuse of watching Phil Simms. I go back pretty often and the fan base is good.:thumb:

My father was Morehead's first All-American and also coached Morehed 3 or 4 years in the 50's. He played for the Steelers in 47.

Morehead is nowhere near a great college town. There is nothing to do on the weekends and it is quite boring. They keep trying to bring stuff in or the college put on a show but it's horrible and the students always leave because of nothing to do.

The football program done better this year and the basketball team is doing good. They are getting better and it's slowly becoming a better college.

I wouldn't say sub-par. In Dayton the team usually stays in a Mariott and I am sure they have a nice place in Des Moines and San Diego. Davidson I don't know. Players I think do get some sort of free clothing and stuff and some are eligible for grants from the state and federal government.

I would say sub-par I played there we took a bus 24 hour ride to Play New Haven, we got to a hotel and there were no rooms for us so we drove the whole way stayed finally in a hotel that we got to the next day and played a game it was awful, one other time we played in Utah played a game in freezing snow, took a shower got on a bus rode a few hours ate at a truck stop then got a plane and went back to lexington to get home in the middle of the night. That My freind is sub-par. Players get a t-shirt, and pair of shorts that is it. At least last time I was there

I would say sub-par I played there we took a bus 24 hour ride to Play New Haven, we got to a hotel and there were no rooms for us so we drove the whole way stayed finally in a hotel that we got to the next day and played a game it was awful, one other time we played in Utah played a game in freezing snow, took a shower got on a bus rode a few hours ate at a truck stop then got a plane and went back to lexington to get home in the middle of the night. That My freind is sub-par. Players get a t-shirt, and pair of shorts that is it. At least last time I was there

When did you play? I may have seen you in action! I'm pretty sure some things have changed in recent years. I was told that we spend pretty much on par with OVC schools with the exception of schollies.

Morehead is a great college town. I graduated in 77 and had the pleasuse of watching Phil Simms. I go back pretty often and the fan base is good.:thumb:

My father was Morehead's first All-American and also coached Morehed 3 or 4 years in the 50's. He played for the Steelers in 47.

Here's another MSU grad from the Class of 1977. Always enjoyed attending the games back in the day; but sorry to say I haven't seen a game since then.

Several of my friends played in the early 70s at Morehead and they enjoyed it. I played high school with them and chose to go into the Marine's where I played football for 3 years along with fast pitch softball. I enjoyed visiting my friends at Morehead have no clue what it is like now. Just being able to play at the next level would be worth it. JD

New York Giants Quarterback and Super Bowl winner, Phil Sims played for Morehead. I have always heard good things about the school, but I do not know a whole lot about it. Good Luck

Of course that was when the program was in the OVC and scholarshiped. It is not the same program now.