Morehead Football

Qb7footballfan

I, of course, am no spokesman for Morehead State but anytime you get a chance to continue your career at the next level, then give it a chance...no matter the school.

If you're looking for yourself, congrats on wanting to continue your career....if it is for someone else, please give them my congrats.

I, of course, am no spokesman for Morehead State but anytime you get a chance to continue your career at the next level, then give it a chance...no matter the school.

If you're looking for yourself, congrats on wanting to continue your career....if it is for someone else, please give them my congrats.

It's not for me...but someone I know well. Thanks for any information about the team/coaches.

Coach Ballard is a good coach and good man - he's done a great job at MSU at the level they compete.

Thanks. Can you tell me anything much about this "level they compete". This pioneer football nonscholarship football.....does morehead have a good fan base and with league, is it good,competitive football? Just don't know much about it at all.

Thanks. Can you tell me anything much about this "level they compete". This pioneer football nonscholarship football.....does morehead have a good fan base and with league, is it good,competitive football? Just don't know much about it at all.

The level of play is pretty competitive - schools like Dayton, Davidson, San Diego, Butler, Valpo are in the same conference. Morehead is always in the hunt for the conference championship - usually one of the top three teams in the league.

Fan base is pretty good, but these schools play at smaller stadiums (around 10K would be a good crowd - a few get that many).

The level of play is pretty competitive - schools like Dayton, Davidson, San Diego, Butler, Valpo are in the same conference. Morehead is always in the hunt for the conference championship - usually one of the top three teams in the league.

Fan base is pretty good, but these schools play at smaller stadiums (around 10K would be a good crowd - a few get that many).

Has there ever been any players from this conference (pioneer league) to go pro?

Probably...I don't know - if you're good enough to go pro then the Pioneer Conference is not where you need to be.

Many times players get much better once they get to college. If your previous statement were true, only about ten schools would have players in the NFL. Read down the team lists sometime - that's FAR from true.

Morehead is a great college town. I graduated in 77 and had the pleasuse of watching Phil Simms. I go back pretty often and the fan base is good.:thumb:

My father was Morehead's first All-American and also coached Morehed 3 or 4 years in the 50's. He played for the Steelers in 47.

I wouldn't say sub-par. In Dayton the team usually stays in a Mariott and I am sure they have a nice place in Des Moines and San Diego. Davidson I don't know. Players I think do get some sort of free clothing and stuff and some are eligible for grants from the state and federal government.