Sam Robey to the Florida Gators?

Lexington radio station WLAP (630) and television station WKYT (Channel 27) both announced this evening to not be surprised if Trinity offensive lineman Sam Robey commits to the University of Florida within the next 72 hours. He will be in Gainesville tomorrow to watch the Florida/Vanderbilt game.

If this is true, I look for Rivals.com to rate him higher than his current two-star rating.

If this is true, I look for Rivals.com to rate him higher than his current two-star rating.

...which goes to show how little relevance there is to these ratings.

"What's that? He's a Gator? Change his stars IMMEDIATELY!"

I have seen a player go from obscurity one day, to being offered and giving an oral commitment to a top ten team the next, and his number of stars goes from two to four immediately.

This has happened time and time again on Rivals.com.

Next time you think it happens please show me. I know the people that do the rankings and exactly how they work, and you couldn't be more wrong...

Next time you think it happens please show me. I know the people that do the rankings and exactly how they work, and you couldn't be more wrong...

My guess is it will happen if Sam Robey commits to the University of Florida. Let's watch and see his current two star rating increase now that the Gators are interested.

What player?

Here in Kentucky, Winston Guy of Lexington Catholic. He was unrated with no offers until he went to a combine at Purdue in May. Within three days, he had offers from Minnesota and Arkansas. After he verbally commited to Arkansas, he rose as high as four stars. He is down to three starts currently.

Here in Kentucky, Winston Guy of Lexington Catholic. He was unrated with no offers until he went to a combine at Purdue in May. Within three days, he had offers from Minnesota and Arkansas. After he verbally commited to Arkansas, he rose as high as four stars. He is down to three starts currently.

His rating rose because he was seen by the people that do the rankings at the combine(s). Do you really expect accurate rankings and stars on players the people responsible for ranking players see little to nothing in person or on a much less accurate video? It's far from a perfect science, but what you are claiming is WAY off base...

His rating rose because he was seen by the people that do the rankings at the combine(s). Do you really expect accurate rankings and stars on players the people responsible for ranking players see little to nothing in person or on a much less accurate video? It's far from a perfect science, but what you are claiming is WAY off base...

I fully understand the difficulty covering and evaluating thousands of players and Rivals.com does a fine job.

But what I am saying is not off base because I follow this closely and have seen it happen. If a USC, Ohio State, Texas, or Florida offer an unknown, the stars begin to increase.

Sam Robey has been on the national radar for a couple of seasons because of his father. Are you saying that if UF signs him then he deserves to be moved up from his 2 star rating?