Most underestimated snack of all time is....

mexitucky

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Animal cookies certainly should take their rightful spot in the annals of snack immortality, but only Barnum's that come in the small circus box with the string to carry them.

However, the most underrated snack of all time is Goldfish. Extreme versatility, in a pinch for the kids, on soup, mashed into a peanut butter sandwich for some texture, or merely eaten by the handful, there is no place that Goldfish won't go, and no time that they are not appropriate. And pretzel Goldfish are the aforementioned Manna From Heaven.

I grew up without a lot of cash in the family which meant the fridge wasn't stocked with snacks. We simply created our own snacks. I still have 2 of them to this day(they're essentially the same).

1. White toast /butter/ Kraft Parmesan cheese. Simply outstanding.

2. Zesta crackers/ butter/ Kraft Parmesan cheese. Yummy.

I challenge you to try it and then try to tell me its not outstanding. I could go through half a loaf of bread on football Sundays back in the day. Ahh, the memories.

Another underrated one is the good, old-fashioned Nature Valley Granola Bar. Regular, in the green pack. Two bars, has not changed since I was eating them in the early 70's, except the wrapper is foil instead of paper. Versatile, travel anywhere, a must for your pack if you are hiking or camping, doesn't spoil, good taste, high energy, good stuff.

I grew up without a lot of cash in the family which meant the fridge wasn't stocked with snacks. We simply created our own snacks. I still have 2 of them to this day(they're essentially the same).

1. White toast /butter/ Kraft Parmesan cheese. Simply outstanding.

2. Zesta crackers/ butter/ Kraft Parmesan cheese. Yummy.

I challenge you to try it and then try to tell me its not outstanding. I could go through half a loaf of bread on football Sundays back in the day. Ahh, the memories.

We did white bread with Bob White syrup, preferably the white syrup. YUMMY!

My grandmother would take leftover pie dough, put it in a pie pan, pour syrup in it and bake it. Syrup pie! :jump::jump::jump:

We spent a lot of time outside as a result, running off all the sugar-rushes. :lol: