Steelers 37 49ers 16

I think the call was he did not get his second foot down before he got flipped, but I don't think the ball hit the ground. The NFL network has a show "NFL Total Access" that brings on the head of the officials and he explains calls from the previous week. I hope that one is looked at. Very entertaining show to watch.

If that was the call, they missed it. His 2nd foot was down. Hell, he almost lost his knee on the play due to it being planted when #43 torpedos him.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After last year, getting off to a good start was key for the Steelers. I think they can carry it.

I agree. They have had slow starts the past 2 seasons, but this year, seem to be hungry from the get go. Big Ben looks to have finally healed up nicely and Willie Parker is running agressively. I like the Steelers right now.

Actually, Edgerrin James was the last back to go over 100 on them, and I'll be in Phoenix this weekend to see the Steelers hold him under a bill, hopefully!

James was the last in Nov. of 05, I believe it was a Monday night game. They were on a 2 year streak at that time too. Over all they have allowed one 100 yard rusher in like 4 years, which is somewhere around 50 games.

Luckily Sean Payton isn't in Pittsburgh, or Willie Parker wouldn't be able to "run between the tackles".

Sean Payton is going from savior to goat pretty fast. I thought he had some questional play calls last night. Going for it on 4th down, only down by 3 in the first half. Not a good call with niether side of the ball playing well.

If that was the call, they missed it. His 2nd foot was down. Hell, he almost lost his knee on the play due to it being planted when #43 torpedos him.

I watched NFL access last night when Mike Pereira (the VP of officials) was on to explain this weeks calls. His reason why this call was correct is because Troy hits him before his second foot hits the ground and then he does not maintain possession with the ball when he hits the ground. He also shows an angle where he said the ball touches the ground. I am still not convinced that the Steelers got a break on this one, but we will take it. :cool:

Sean Payton is going from savior to goat pretty fast. I thought he had some questional play calls last night. Going for it on 4th down, only down by 3 in the first half. Not a good call with niether side of the ball playing well.

His use of Reggie Bush is baffling to me...they have to get him more touches. And when he had Bush and McAllister, they were lucky to run the ball 25 times combined. No excuse for that.

He has to give Bush the ball now, if he wants to have any chance of success this season. Whether he thinks Bush can carry the load or not, he better be finding out. He should study some Philadelphia Eagles film and find out how to best use him (see Brian Westbrook)...or some St. Louis Rams (see Marshall Faulk). Bush can carry the load, IMO...I'm just afraid he isn't going to get the chance.