Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New football alignment

Featured Replies

What year will the next new football alignment take effect?

 

I was reading an article on Corbin's increased enrollment and was trying to figure out what 3A district they would be in. They currently have 742 students in grades 9-12 which pushes them way above the 2A cutoff. http://www.thetimestribune.com

I believe before it was realigned every 2 years (give every team a chance to have ever other team in a district for a home game), so maybe after next season they would redraw again.

The current alignment is for school years 2007-2008 and 2008-2009.

The Board of Control decided to revisit the current alignment in 2 years. Before that they had decided to realign every 4 years to prevent so much shifting. But with the drastic change from four classes to six, they felt best to revisit after two years.

  • Author

It would appear that Corbin would move back into the west side of the state and be in with most of the teams that use to be in their district(3-5) before the current alignment. Would this then bump Somerset down to the 2A district they were originally in before asking to move up to 3A?

It would appear that Corbin would move back into the west side of the state and be in with most of the teams that use to be in their district(3-5) before the current alignment. Would this then bump Somerset down to the 2A district they were originally in before asking to move up to 3A?

 

 

Depends on how Somerset's appeal goes to remain in 3A. I believe Somerset can still petition to be in 3A then the decision will be made wheter or not to leave them in 3A.

  • Author
Depends on how Somerset's appeal goes to remain in 3A. I believe Somerset can still petition to be in 3A then the decision will be made wheter or not to leave them in 3A.

 

I can't see Somerset winning that appeal. The district they are currently in has 6 teams and the 2A district they were originally in has 4. If everything else remains constant except for Corbin moving up, it would then be 7 teams in one distict and 3 in the other.

I can't see Somerset winning that appeal. The district they are currently in has 6 teams and the 2A district they were originally in has 4. If everything else remains constant except for Corbin moving up, it would then be 7 teams in one distict and 3 in the other.

 

 

Very good points. Each district would need a minimum of three teams.

Yeah, another fun six-class scenario ... :lol:

I should have said a minimum of FOUR teams.

 

The super class 6A that was discussed could help make the districts a little bigger in the other five classes.

I should have said a minimum of FOUR teams.
You get a slap on the wrist for that one ... ;)
What year will the next new football alignment take effect?

 

I was reading an article on Corbin's increased enrollment and was trying to figure out what 3A district they would be in. They currently have 742 students in grades 9-12 which pushes them way above the 2A cutoff. http://www.thetimestribune.com

Why such growth in Corbin? Is it just year-to-year fluctuation or real growth in the community? Most independent systems are shrinking.

I wish only the top 32 school enrollments would be in class 6A, so every team makes the playoffs no matter what and let them jockey for postseason positioning.

Why such growth in Corbin? Is it just year-to-year fluctuation or real growth in the community? Most independent systems are shrinking.

 

 

I don't think the district boundaries change much, except for an occasional subdivision moving, or something like that. I'm guessing Corbin's gains come from the Knox, Laurel or Whitley districts. Corbin is unique in being located in three counties.

I don't think the district boundaries change much, except for an occasional subdivision moving, or something like that. I'm guessing Corbin's gains come from the Knox, Laurel or Whitley districts. Corbin is unique in being located in three counties.
The Corbin system spreads into three different counties?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.