New football alignment

4chs

It would appear that Corbin would move back into the west side of the state and be in with most of the teams that use to be in their district(3-5) before the current alignment. Would this then bump Somerset down to the 2A district they were originally in before asking to move up to 3A?

It would appear that Corbin would move back into the west side of the state and be in with most of the teams that use to be in their district(3-5) before the current alignment. Would this then bump Somerset down to the 2A district they were originally in before asking to move up to 3A?

Depends on how Somerset's appeal goes to remain in 3A. I believe Somerset can still petition to be in 3A then the decision will be made wheter or not to leave them in 3A.

Depends on how Somerset's appeal goes to remain in 3A. I believe Somerset can still petition to be in 3A then the decision will be made wheter or not to leave them in 3A.

I can't see Somerset winning that appeal. The district they are currently in has 6 teams and the 2A district they were originally in has 4. If everything else remains constant except for Corbin moving up, it would then be 7 teams in one distict and 3 in the other.

I can't see Somerset winning that appeal. The district they are currently in has 6 teams and the 2A district they were originally in has 4. If everything else remains constant except for Corbin moving up, it would then be 7 teams in one distict and 3 in the other.

Very good points. Each district would need a minimum of three teams.

What year will the next new football alignment take effect?

I was reading an article on Corbin's increased enrollment and was trying to figure out what 3A district they would be in. They currently have 742 students in grades 9-12 which pushes them way above the 2A cutoff. http://www.thetimestribune.com

Why such growth in Corbin? Is it just year-to-year fluctuation or real growth in the community? Most independent systems are shrinking.

Why such growth in Corbin? Is it just year-to-year fluctuation or real growth in the community? Most independent systems are shrinking.

I don't think the district boundaries change much, except for an occasional subdivision moving, or something like that. I'm guessing Corbin's gains come from the Knox, Laurel or Whitley districts. Corbin is unique in being located in three counties.

I don't think the district boundaries change much, except for an occasional subdivision moving, or something like that. I'm guessing Corbin's gains come from the Knox, Laurel or Whitley districts. Corbin is unique in being located in three counties.
The Corbin system spreads into three different counties?