Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands vs. Dixie predictions

Who Wins This Big District Battle? 168 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins This Big District Battle?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

How many seniors does Dixie have on the team this year? Just curious!!!!!

  • Replies 196
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let us stay on topic everyone :irked:

No offense to my friends at Dixie but I have to go with Highlands on this one...

I don't know what you do in your free time but you ought to seek some help for it!

 

 

I do believe you were one of the folks saying Dayton had a chance against Beechwood.:jump:

How many seniors does Dixie have on the team this year? Just curious!!!!!

21 seniors

21 seniors

Hey thanks for the info:thumb: I thought i heard they had a few.Wow!!!!!!!

S32, I don't agree that the district games don't matter. Winning the district means playing Holmes or Scott (and having the opportunity to heal up some players). Whereas, the second place team will face CovCath with Buckley back and a lot of games under their belt. I think CovCath will be greatly improved by the time the playoffs roll around. Plus the winner of the district plays at home, which is a nice advantage. Furthermore, if Highlands beats Dixie, the monkey will weigh heavily on the Dixie backs when they meet in the district finals (much like if Highlands had beaten CovCath last year in the last regular season game. I believe if we'd beaten them in the regular season, we'd have beaten them in the playoffs).

 

As for the "Dixie is better at the end of the season because they've played their way into shape" line of thinking, I've never fully bought into that theory. Dixie has had more success at the end of the regular season in years past because, in my opinion, they've been playing weaker opponents at the end of the year. Yes I do believe that the old 4A N. Ky district teams were weaker than Highlands, CovCath and Beechwood. This year, we'll get the opportunity to see who's theory is correct.

 

As for the prediction of this week's game, I think Highlands will win, but it will be close.

S32, I don't agree that the district games don't matter. Winning the district means playing Holmes or Scott (and having the opportunity to heal up some players). Whereas, the second place team will face CovCath with Buckley back and a lot of games under their belt.

 

I am not so sure that will be the case. HHS may have to play CovCath as 1 & 4 seeds and Dixie may play Holmes as a 2 seed................

 

Just maybe............

Hey LN! Glad to hear from you! I couldn't imagine HHS vs Dixie week without you.

 

If you ask me whether or not I want to win the district, I do. If you ask me if I like my team starting each season out of shape or out of condition for the heat, I don't. Do I think that we are better in week 12 than week 1? Go back and ask the Trinity team from 04 about that. We lost to HHS in week one that year before the forfeitures were assessed. :D

 

Once again, with that said, do I like having to play catch up each and every year? Absolutely not! There is no excuse for it but I feel like a broken record every year that it happens to us. Our players are almost guaranteed to drop like flies in week one every season. As often as it happens I find it hard to believe that someone higher up doesn't recognize the problem.

Our players are almost guaranteed to drop like flies in week one every season. As often as it happens I find it hard to believe that someone higher up doesn't recognize the problem.

We hear so much about this problem in regard to Dixie. Is this a problem unique to Dixie? Is there something wrong with their conditioning program? What needs to happen and where does it need to start?

Hey LN! Glad to hear from you! I couldn't imagine HHS vs Dixie week without you.

 

If you ask me whether or not I want to win the district, I do. If you ask me if I like my team starting each season out of shape or out of condition for the heat, I don't. Do I think that we are better in week 12 than week 1? Go back and ask the Trinity team from 04 about that. We lost to HHS in week one that year before the forfeitures were assessed. :D

 

Once again, with that said, do I like having to play catch up each and every year? Absolutely not! There is no excuse for it but I feel like a broken record every year that it happens to us. Our players are almost guaranteed to drop like flies in week one every season. As often as it happens I find it hard to believe that someone higher up doesn't recognize the problem.

 

I've been waiting for a Dixie fan to bring that up...:thumb:

We hear so much about this problem in regard to Dixie. Is this a problem unique to Dixie? Is there something wrong with their conditioning program? What needs to happen and where does it need to start?

Now let me chime in on what I've observed and you can give me your spin after Friday night.

 

Dixie is not a fat out of shape team. There entire team to me look as if they worked out in the weight room religiously this off season. Only four or five lineman IMO even remotely resemble being heavy, and even those are very quick footed except one IMO.

 

I believe our problem is not being conditioned to the heat one, and two not running enough in gamelike conditions prior to the season. With the emphasis across the state on avoiding the heat and a lack of two a days, I think that we are not physically ready at the beginning of the year. Our main issue always revolves around the heat and cramps. None of our opponents seem to have an issue, it is unique to us.

:laugh:

I've been waiting for a Dixie fan to bring that up...:thumb:

You're not going to get a lot of bites on that worm.:laugh:

 

All of us Dixie fans know our team quite well. This years squad seemed to still be sucking a little wind in the second half of the CCH game to me, but then pulled themselves together. I think we'll be alright this friday. The forecast is 82*-54*. :thumb:

  • Author
Now let me chime in on what I've observed and you can give me your spin after Friday night.

 

Dixie is not a fat out of shape team. There entire team to me look as if they worked out in the weight room religiously this off season. Only four or five lineman IMO even remotely resemble being heavy, and even those are very quick footed except one IMO.

 

I believe our problem is not being conditioned to the heat one, and two not running enough in gamelike conditions prior to the season. With the emphasis across the state on avoiding the heat and a lack of two a days, I think that we are not physically ready at the beginning of the year. Our main issue always revolves around the heat and cramps. None of our opponents seem to have an issue, it is unique to us.

 

I have to ask, is your weight room and locker room air conditioned? I was just curious of teams that sit in films and lift in air conditioning and them have to go out and practice in the heat, if this makes it tougher to adjust to the climate? I know of guys that work out in the heat and won't go into air conditioning for lunch because it makes it that much harder to adjust back to the heat. Wondering if this could also be said for football.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.