Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands vs. Dixie predictions

Who Wins This Big District Battle? 168 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins This Big District Battle?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Only have seen Dixie play one game. IMO Highlands will be able to cover the sideline pass to Dettmer(sp.). With that said, Dixies offense will sputter. CCH does not have much of a running game, so it is hard to say how Dixie will handle Highlands running game. If you don't count Dixies long sideline passes against CCH, the passing game did not look that great to me.

 

With that said, I would like to see Dixie upset Highlands, but I do not think it will happen. Highlands by 21.

Think about this.....

13 completions and over 300 yards, what is not to like? Why would anybody go short when you have that kind of success? BTW - Haggerty scored the first receiving TD.

  • Replies 196
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think about this.....

13 completions and over 300 yards, what is not to like? Why would anybody go short when you have that kind of success? BTW - Haggerty scored the first receiving TD.

 

I agree about why go short when the longball is there. My point is that Bricking missed on many shorter passes that were open. Take 4 longballs for almost 200 yards off of the passing stats, and it does not look so great anymore. I think that unlike CCH, Highlands will defend the long pass very well. How many attempts did Bricking have? I think Dixie has a better than average passing game, but CCH made it look better than it is. Hopefully I am wrong and Dixie will be pass happy come Friday night.

I agree about why go short when the longball is there. My point is that Bricking missed on many shorter passes that were open. Take 4 longballs for almost 200 yards off of the passing stats, and it does not look so great anymore. I think that unlike CCH, Highlands will defend the long pass very well. How many attempts did Bricking have? I think Dixie has a better than average passing game, but CCH made it look better than it is. Hopefully I am wrong and Dixie will be pass happy come Friday night.

Actually, I hope we run it all night.:D It will be hard to duplicate numbers like that for both Joey and Detmer, though I do think that if it's catchable EJ will snag it. I don't like our offensive set. Too much of a passing offense for my taste and against a team like HHS the run game will suffer. Five lineman + four wide = no running game to me. Highlands is too quick to get outside with your running game when you only have five O line man, leaving 7 in the box to stuff the interior run and blitz from.

Think about this.....

13 completions and over 300 yards, what is not to like? Why would anybody go short when you have that kind of success? BTW - Haggerty scored the first receiving TD.

 

If Trotwood couldn't complete a long TD on HHS, I have a tough time believing that Dixie could. I do believe a few longer balls will be completed, but I doubt Dixie will complete a "home run" ball.

 

A problem I have been thinking about is the quickness of Highlands's interior, on both sides of the ball. In the past, Dixie linemen have either been way to big and slow or way too small. I believe this could cause some major problems for Dixie in this match-up. This is one of the best group of O-linemen and Linebackers that Highlands has brought through their system (stregth, speed, and quickness). IMO, I don't think Dixie will be able to keep up with them the whole game.

This is one of the best group of O-linemen and Linebackers that Highlands has brought through their system (stregth, speed, and quickness).

 

 

But thats year after year isn't it ? :lol: They always have the Best group of something coming in their system ! Must be something in the water over there , cause it's always in their system !!!:lol:

If Trotwood couldn't complete a long TD on HHS, I have a tough time believing that Dixie could. I do believe a few longer balls will be completed, but I doubt Dixie will complete a "home run" ball.

 

A problem I have been thinking about is the quickness of Highlands's interior, on both sides of the ball. In the past, Dixie linemen have either been way to big and slow or way too small. I believe this could cause some major problems for Dixie in this match-up. This is one of the best group of O-linemen and Linebackers that Highlands has brought through their system (stregth, speed, and quickness). IMO, I don't think Dixie will be able to keep up with them the whole game.

 

I could not agree more. Every game that I have seen JC run well it is in part to the holes that you could back a truck through. I am not taking anything away from his ability, but all great running backs have had a good line sometime. I believe that this is a valid point to make about the job of the unsung heros(O-line).

If Trotwood couldn't complete a long TD on HHS, I have a tough time believing that Dixie could. I do believe a few longer balls will be completed, but I doubt Dixie will complete a "home run" ball.

 

A problem I have been thinking about is the quickness of Highlands's interior, on both sides of the ball. In the past, Dixie linemen have either been way to big and slow or way too small. I believe this could cause some major problems for Dixie in this match-up. This is one of the best group of O-linemen and Linebackers that Highlands has brought through their system (stregth, speed, and quickness). IMO, I don't think Dixie will be able to keep up with them the whole game.

 

Not the whole greatest team ever thing again!:eek:

 

Look, this team has more varsity experience then HHS. When they played as frosh they were even but I believe HHS won, as sophs on JV we won, last year you won. This should be a great matchup and in no way do I think that HHS's talent is superior.

Not the whole greatest team ever thing again!:eek:

 

Look, this team has more varsity experience then HHS. When they played as frosh they were even but I believe HHS won, as sophs on JV we won, last year you won. This should be a great matchup and in no way do I think that HHS's talent is superior.

 

You are entitled to your opinion. Yes I get just as sick as you do when I see that same response to sports writers/broadcasters "I think that this is the best Highlands football team ever!!" But you know what? He should be thinking that, its his job. Its also his job to instill confidence in these young men. When was the last time a team's coach went out and said that were not very good and then they won a championship? Winning is not just a trophy, or a record of W/L's, its a state of mind. Many years Highlands was not the most talented team and still won state. I credit that to the fact that these coaches made them believe. I saw a banner in the gym at NCC one time that said "We Believe" and you know what? They have been playing in December a lot lately!!! Coincidence??? I think not!

If you don't THINK you're the best ever...don't put on a HHS uniform! Whether you are or not will be determined at the end of the year!! Only 16 teams can argue!! (so far!)

If you don't THINK you're the best ever...don't put on a HHS uniform! Whether you are or not will be determined at the end of the year!! Only 16 teams can argue!! (so far!)

 

I was on one of those teams and to this day it is still one of the most special moments I have ever experienced in my life!!! If nothing else, every Highlands team I have ever seen take that field is ALL HEART!!! You may have speed, size, and talent, but you can't survive without a HEART!!! This Birds team is no different. In fact, I think this team has one of the biggest hearts I have seen in some years, all the way down to the freshmen!!!

Not the whole greatest team ever thing again!:eek:

 

Look, this team has more varsity experience then HHS. When they played as frosh they were even but I believe HHS won, as sophs on JV we won, last year you won. This should be a great matchup and in no way do I think that HHS's talent is superior.

 

On the Soph JV year , I think ya lost 28 to 7 ! That was the end of your 3 yr undefeated JV's streak ! That game was played at Dixie , just like this one will be !!!:fire:

On the Soph JV year , I think ya lost 28 to 7 ! That was the end of your 3 yr undefeated JV's streak ! That game was played at Dixie , just like this one will be !!!:fire:

 

 

I can't believe that we have sunk to trash talking about JV on a Varsity thread, but OK RH. Birds name the score. And when TS gets upset as he has historically everytime they have played HHS and lost and things start going bad, look for me in the stands, I will be smiling big a proud singing-

 

"Oh hail Highlands team, oh hail Highlands team,

their blue and white and full of fight and not afraid to hit that line,

oh hail Highlands team, oh hail Highlands team,

they'll march right up and down the field and fight, fight, fight till the end"

 

oh yeah

 

H-I-G-H-L-A-N-D-S!!! (that one was for you Pattiann, and you think I don't pay attention?)

I have to admit I've been enjoying this thread (like I enjoy it each year).

 

But I'll be glad when game time gets here (no not the Game Time).

I am starting to warm up to the idea of this. I do get more excited about this sport than any other, but that comes from where I was raised. GO BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!

On the Soph JV year , I think ya lost 28 to 7 ! That was the end of your 3 yr undefeated JV's streak ! That game was played at Dixie , just like this one will be !!!:fire:
Oh the soph jv year, most of this year's senior's were starting varsity . They were not available to play jv. Just thought I'd throw that little bit of info out.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.