Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands vs. Dixie predictions

Who Wins This Big District Battle? 168 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins This Big District Battle?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Are you guys starting to put helium in your tires these days. You're a riot!!!!

 

What tires? I have no clue what that meant. But, if there was helium, it would be gone and I would be talking like a 33 record on 45.

  • Replies 196
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to ask, is your weight room and locker room air conditioned? I was just curious of teams that sit in films and lift in air conditioning and them have to go out and practice in the heat, if this makes it tougher to adjust to the climate? I know of guys that work out in the heat and won't go into air conditioning for lunch because it makes it that much harder to adjust back to the heat. Wondering if this could also be said for football.

It absolutely is a state of the art facility. IE plenty of air conditioning.:lol: :D

It absolutely is a state of the art facility. IE plenty of air conditioning.:lol: :D

 

 

To be honest, I am almost more psyched about seeing this new facility than I am watching this blowout because I know that hopefully someone with the deep pockets and who likes to "keep up with the Jones" may get an idea or two for some new stuff at the bird cage and may influence some fundraising. Maybe they'll even fulfill my life-long dream of making a bowl stadium in death-valley!!!!

Maybe they'll even fulfill my life-long dream of making a bowl stadium in death-valley!!!!
They've had a bowl there for decades -- a dust bowl. :lol:
They've had a bowl there for decades -- a dust bowl. :lol:

 

 

All you die-hards on here honestly tell me, am I the only person who has every thought of that? I know that there would be enought room. Plus, that would give them plenty of room to expand the school. What's the point of wasting space? I have many fond memories of running that hill-NOT!!! I digress and can't wait to see the Colonels' new digs. Good to see other programs expanding around here.

  • Author
To be honest, I am almost more psyched about seeing this new facility than I am watching this blowout because I know that hopefully someone with the deep pockets and who likes to "keep up with the Jones" may get an idea or two for some new stuff at the bird cage and may influence some fundraising. Maybe they'll even fulfill my life-long dream of making a bowl stadium in death-valley!!!!

 

Only you can make your dreams come true.:D

[/b]

 

Only you can make your dreams come true.:D

And prevent forest fires. :D

I think the 7 PM start time and the lack of PATs hitting cars in the KFC parking lot with the new stadium design will distress the Birds to the point that the first quarter will be even.

 

Highlands pulls ahead at the half, Dixie mounts a mini-rally in the second half, but the Birds win by 21. Have a funnel cake.;)

Air conditioning? It had to take place since the renovation. Some class rooms had none in 2001-2005. The weight room might now. However, football parent's were not allowed into the area of the weight room after the renovation. (this is what we were told).

I have to ask, is your weight room and locker room air conditioned? I was just curious of teams that sit in films and lift in air conditioning and them have to go out and practice in the heat, if this makes it tougher to adjust to the climate? I know of guys that work out in the heat and won't go into air conditioning for lunch because it makes it that much harder to adjust back to the heat. Wondering if this could also be said for football.

 

No AC in the weight room or film room at Dixie ! It stays Hot in the weight room and work out areas !:fire:

Air conditioning? It had to take place since the renovation. Some class rooms had none in 2001-2005. The weight room might now. However, football parent's were not allowed into the area of the weight room after the renovation. (this is what we were told).

True, the new weight room was part of the renovation and was completed about the same time the second gym was completed. It is a part of the new complex so if it doesn't have AC I would be shocked. I was in that area after it was built and it seemed pretty cool to me.

:laugh:

You're not going to get a lot of bites on that worm.:laugh:

 

All of us Dixie fans know our team quite well. This years squad seemed to still be sucking a little wind in the second half of the CCH game to me, but then pulled themselves together. I think we'll be alright this friday. The forecast is 82*-54*. :thumb:

 

I've noticed. I've been 'fishing' for days...

I've noticed. I've been 'fishing' for days...

I am going down to Cherokee Lake though next weekend, so hopefully I'll have a good story to tell.:D

 

Dixie's bye week so I'm hitting the road.:lol:

  • Author
True, the new weight room was part of the renovation and was completed about the same time the second gym was completed. It is a part of the new complex so if it doesn't have AC I would be shocked. I was in that area after it was built and it seemed pretty cool to me.

 

Do you think this has an effect during outside practice and especially games? I just think I'm going back to a little ole school theory. When we didn't have AC the heat didn't effect everyone soo much.

[/b]

 

Do you think this has an effect during outside practice and especially games? I just think I'm going back to a little ole school theory. When we didn't have AC the heat didn't effect everyone soo much.

Whether it is in the weight room, locker room or class room I don't think it matters. The fact is that we all have it and yes, I do think that kids today avoid the heat. When we were younger our parents didn't care about AC as much and certainly the schools didn't. Most cars had two way or four way. It was not as prevalent for sure.

Now bring on the twenty first century where we over regulate everything and of course I think it's an issue. Kids today aren't aloud to go out if the heat index is over 100, my generation we took salt tablets.:D We were encouraged NOT to drink too much water, cause it would make you sick. If you got sick you got no sympathy and so on and so on and somehow in all of our ignorance we survived.:lol:

I would agree with just about every old school think you could come up with I think concerning the heat, but I'm sure just as many people would disagree.

I'm not going to say my generation didn't cramp up, because we did. But usually it was during two and three a days, not Friday nights.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.