Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands vs. Dixie predictions

Who Wins This Big District Battle? 168 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins This Big District Battle?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Yes I am, on both of those questions.

  • Replies 196
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I look fir the Birds to win big, and thier quick Defense will swarm Dixie's little runningbacks!! H 52 D 13

Confucious say: He who controlleth the line shall win every time!

As high powered as our offense is, the strength of our team has and always will be the defense. I should be a great game. I will be very surprised if this game is decided in the first half. IMO the halftime adjustments will decide this game.
Not to say that Dixie might not have a good defense, but this same defense gave up 28 pts. to a team that only scored 1 td in their first two games. I know, CovCath's offense is getting better but Highland's offense is already there. I believe that the Bird's are going to put some pts. on the board, the ? is will Dixie's offense put alot of pts. against Highlands defense?
Maybe we need to get a conditioning petition together.:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

The truth is, Tom looks like a genius in some aspects. With only five teams in a district where you give out four spots we're almost assured of spot. Add to that CCH and HHS and it's safe to say that if you make it out of the district you have a very real chance of winning state. Then add on that by week 12 our kids are peaking and well conditioned every year.

 

BTW - the new offense is not so new. I've seen it before. We used it in 01 and in 03 and 04 a little. Now that is not to say that it was the main focus, but we have run the formations and plays before. I like the traditional O better too. The running game suffers needlessly in the new formation IMO. Their are certain down and distances that require extra blockers. The I, off set I, split, veer or for god's sake just a TE would help!

 

Am I the only one that sees the irony of people calling Spritzky a great coach AND admitting that it takes 10-12 games for the kids to get into shape? I see it as selling the kids short because you don't always make it to week 12 but...

 

BTW, don't give me the crap about great guy, loves the kids, kids love him etc. I already know that about Tom and completely agree. This is strictly about wins and losses...

Did not know there was going to be such a controversy....a real game.....nada........HHS all the way

GO BIRDS!

I wouldn't count Dixie out of this game so fast. For one, they have some real-game experience under their belt before playing the 'Birds, which was not the case for some of the past years. Also, the motivation factor for Dixie will be sky-high... they've already beaten CovCath... if they knock off HHS at home this week, then they'll be the district champ, in a district that may very well be the strongest overall in Class 5A.

 

I think HHS will win this game, but I also think the issue will be in doubt well into the 3rd quarter.

Having watched Spritzky coach in the past, his temper gets the best of him. You have to coach the talent you have, not the talent you wish you had.........its that combination and a mind game between the coaches.....I hear Dixie has a good team this year, however I feel Birds will prevail............GO BIRDS...........

Am I the only one that sees the irony of people calling Spritzky a great coach AND admitting that it takes 10-12 games for the kids to get into shape? I see it as selling the kids short because you don't always make it to week 12 but...

 

BTW, don't give me the crap about great guy, loves the kids, kids love him etc. I already know that about Tom and completely agree. This is strictly about wins and losses...

 

I understand what your saying completely, now think of it this way.

 

Regular season means next to nothing anymore... except to crown district champ. Translation = Pride.

 

The first two rounds are in district.

With five teams in our district, Highlands, CCH, and Dixie are in the playoffs EVERY year.

Winning District is not necessarily the better way to go. The two and three seeds will have to face tougher competition in week one and conceivably could make the winner a better team for week two.

Heck, CCH might still make the playoffs this year at 1-9, what does that tell you about the importance of wins and losses in the regular season.

Anyway you look at it, the winner of NKY will most like play in December.

I understand what your saying completely, now think of it this way.

 

Regular season means next to nothing anymore... except to crown district champ. Translation = Pride.

 

The first two rounds are in district.

With five teams in our district, Highlands, CCH, and Dixie are in the playoffs EVERY year.

Winning District is not necessarily the better way to go. The two and three seeds will have to face tougher competition in week one and conceivably could make the winner a better team for week two.Heck, CCH might still make the playoffs this year at 1-9, what does that tell you about the importance of wins and losses in the regular season.

Anyway you look at it, the winner of NKY will most like play in December.

 

No doubt that the district games aren't as important to win as they were in the past, in terms of making the playoffs. However, bottom line is that his kids aren't in shape to play football at the beginning, or even middle, of football season is a dangerous thing. Especially since there are now going to be at least two teams that are working their tail off year round...

 

As for the bolded, if I didn't know you, I'd tell you that these are excuses to settle for mediocrity...:D

I certainly don't want to derail the topic (btw, Highlands wins this one easily) but how many of these starters are seniors?

 

In other words, is Highlands going to be this good next season?

 

-CardinalsFan

 

Highlands is good every season, and plus who give a heck about next year. Live in the Now as Mike Myers said on Wayne's World. Birds are state bound. By the way, I love the cards, the Louisville ones atleast. Go Trey J!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you BF. A lot of teams come onto the field believing they are going to lose to the Birds. I have a feeling the Red Colonels are going to be believing differently and will come out very fired up and motivated. Lets hope they are so jacked up all week, that by the time Friday gets here, they'll be spent :banana:.

 

Its going to be a hard fought game. But I think the Birds will bring their A game and will win by 10 or 14. It will be interesting if the Birds put Collinsworth on Detmer constantly; if so it will be doozy of a match up all night long. Tom knows we are going to blitz the heck out of Bricking, so I'm sure he's working on the short pass routes, screens and draws. Weinrich knows that such is what Tom is going to do, so he's planning for that. Its going to be a chess match when the Red Colonels have the ball. As for when Highlands has the ball, things could be really interesting and fun to watch.

 

MAN YOU SOUND LIKE YOU HAVE SPENT SOME TIME ON THE SIDELINE!!! Nice to see someone who takes the time to get to know both sides of the battle. That's respectful, oh yeah, GO BIRDS!!!

I disagree totally. For Dixie to hang around and or to win this one they have to play within themselves. Ignore the occasional HHS score, its going to happen. Just stick to the game plan and carry out your assignments. The Dixie D usually bends but doesn't break. The O needs to remember that and not try and force anything. Play smart and believe. :D :ylsuper:

 

 

I respect and appreciate your positivity, but apparently you haven't seen the birds score 21+ points in the first quarter. i predict exactly that which will be enought to take the wind out of the colonels' sails friday which should be in the low 70's and a great night for a beating!!!!

I predict that 6 different birds score and two different QB's for HHS pass for TD's. Yes, I know that this is fantasy football, but, IT's HIGHLANDS!!! I will be playing Enter Sandman in my car on the Way down 275 to Dixie Hwy. To quote "Enter night(birds), exit light(colonels). Grain of Sand(Dixie's-D, We're off to never never land(endzone for birds). "Can you feel it, Huh huh Huh????"-Jim Carrey from Liar Liar. "Jordan steps back, he shoots, HE SCORES!!!" "Thanks, I'll be here all night, tip your waiter."

I'm going with Dixie for the upset.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.