Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity/Cincinnati St. Xavier Predictions

Who wins? 189 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Cincinnati St. Xavier in a close one
      36%
      69
    • Cincinnati St. Xavier in a blow out
      42%
      81
    • Trinity in a close one
      18%
      35
    • Trinity in a blow out
      2%
      4

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
For me at least.....could be a bit of "whistling past the graveyard." Appreciate all of the kind words and support...esp. from all the good X folk...but it is a bit unusual - for the Rocks - to be picked as such an underdog. We've pulled some out in the past...and hopefully we can again Friday. I would like to think we have remained appropriately humble. I give big credit to the other teams who line up to play us (and are on paper perhaps "overmatched').....so we should be ready to do the same.

 

Yes, it is odd for the shoe to be on the other foot (for T or X or Male). X had a 2 game series with Moeller a couple of years ago (I am not suggesting an equivalence). IMHO it would benefit X, T and Male to regularly schedule the Cincy powers.

I think Cincy St. X will be surprised at how well Trinity travels and shocked at how well they play. Good luck.

  • Replies 169
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it is odd for the shoe to be on the other foot (for T or X or Male). X had a 2 game series with Moeller a couple of years ago (I am not suggesting an equivalence). IMHO it would benefit X, T and Male to regularly schedule the Cincy powers.

I think Cincy St. X will be surprised at how well Trinity travels and shocked at how well they play. Good luck.

 

D

 

Thanks and the same do you against the 'Dogs. Seems to me that someone used to say ( and I know it wasn't original with him ...at least I don't think it was ..LSU-R)..."To be the best you have to play the best."..Let's give them a game and see how it turns out in the end. Go Rocks.

I saw a computer that has Cin X as #1 in the nation. I don't think Trinity has the athletes of a Glenville. X wins this one. Ohio fans will get a treat watching Coverdale call the Trinity O. He is one of the best h.s. Offensive minds in the nation I.M.H.O.

Trinity is 0-4 against Cinn. X.

 

It's time.

 

Rocks by 14.

I adopt RP's theory in post 86. Also, in the recent past an underdog Trinity has had some success against St. X. :D Finally, in perusing Trinity supporters posts this year it has become apparent that the Rocks have an unusually talented team this year, and Trinity posters have often noted that their coach is unmatched. Why not pick Trinity?

 

What say you? Some normally boisterous Rock fans have been unusually quiet on this thread. Do you care to venture a prediction in writing?

 

 

That's because they are over on Yappi being boisterous.:p

I believe the Rocks can win. If they don't win, I absolutely KNOW they'll give X a great game. I do not see us being blown out, because I know how our teams are prepared for games. I can think of only one game that I felt our coaches were "out coached". And it hasn't happened since. As for our athletes, we probably don't have the same "athletes" of Cincy X. However, I don't think that year after year, we have the same "athletes" as many teams we play. The difference maker can be motivation, and frankly, I feel that Trininty will most definitely play "up" to their competition.

 

 

GO ROCKS!

I believe the Rocks can win. If they don't win, I absolutely KNOW they'll give X a great game. I do not see us being blown out, because I know how our teams are prepared for games. I can think of only one game that I felt our coaches were "out coached". And it hasn't happened since. As for our athletes, we probably don't have the same "athletes" of Cincy X. However, I don't think that year after year, we have the same "athletes" as many teams we play. The difference maker can be motivation, and frankly, I feel that Trininty will most definitely play "up" to their competition.

 

 

GO ROCKS!

What she said!!! I'm looking forward to this game. Saturday morning, win or lose, I know that I'll still have a great family and I'll still be a Trinity alumnus. Life is good.

I believe the Rocks can win. If they don't win, I absolutely KNOW they'll give X a great game. I do not see us being blown out, because I know how our teams are prepared for games. I can think of only one game that I felt our coaches were "out coached". And it hasn't happened since. As for our athletes, we probably don't have the same "athletes" of Cincy X. However, I don't think that year after year, we have the same "athletes" as many teams we play. The difference maker can be motivation, and frankly, I feel that Trininty will most definitely play "up" to their competition.

 

 

GO ROCKS!

 

 

Your absolutely correct..........so very well stated. Part of our 'success" -- I have to believe ......is not only the motivation - -but also the "type of kid"..we have in our program.........................for proof.....see the letter from the Appreciative DAd after last weeks game. GO ROCKS...............

I adopt RP's theory in post 86. Also, in the recent past an underdog Trinity has had some success against St. X. :D Finally, in perusing Trinity supporters posts this year it has become apparent that the Rocks have an unusually talented team this year, and Trinity posters have often noted that their coach is unmatched. Why not pick Trinity?

 

What say you? Some normally boisterous Rock fans have been unusually quiet on this thread. Do you care to venture a prediction in writing?

Well, reasons for picking against Trinity are as follows:

1. X has the top or at the minimum a top 5 team in the nation;

2. They have a great home field crowd/student section;

3. Trinity has a 2 hour bus ride after being in school since 8:00;

4. The game is in Ohio, e.g. Ohio referees;

5. As unususally talented as Trinity is, X has much more talent;

6. This is Trinity's first road game of the year, and first road game for a lot of new starters.

7. X has beaten the number 7 team in the nation and a top team in Ohio without their best player! How would Trinity fair without Phillips or X without Deuce??? Word is Ashley will play on Friday.

 

Trinity is playing a different beast this Friday. With all due respect, this isn't Louisville St. X or Bowling Green. This may be the best team any school from Kentucky has ever faced.

 

I do think Trinity's coaching staff is unmatched.

 

I'm very concerned about Trinity not being able to run the ball. X has 3 stud linebackers who are fast enough to cover our slots in passing downs and defend the stretch very well. That leads to 3rd and longs where they can run a nickel or dime and force Stein to make some difficult decisions and throws.

 

Prediction to come later in week.

^ CR nice analysis yet your not giving your team much credit. The points you raise are valid. Yet, Trinity has not shone a propensity to "travel" poorly under Beaty, so I'm not sure that will be a factor. Yes, the opponent is a monster..... The coaches have done an outstanding job over the last few years, they are up to the challege in my book. Im sure that the coaches, players and fans have a full truck load of Shamrock magic for this game.

 

Good Luck to the Rocks in this most difficult challenge.

 

:thumb:

^ CR nice analysis yet your not giving your team much credit. The points you raise are valid. Yet, Trinity has not shone a propensity to "travel" poorly under Beaty, so I'm not sure that will be a factor. Yes, the opponent is a monster..... The coaches have done an outstanding job over the last few years, they are up to the challege in my book. Im sure that the coaches, players and fans have a full truck load of Shamrock magic for this game.

 

Good Luck to the Rocks in this most difficult challenge.

 

:thumb:

Thanks, but we have not travelled well. It may be a result of better competition, but we lost both times we went MBA, once to Cincy X, once to HHS in Mt. Sterling and beat Elder. So we are 1-4 when we travel (outside of Lexington). FYI, we've only lost 12 games since Beatty's arrival in 2000; therefore, a third of our losses come when we travel a good distance.

Trinity dresses similar #s and has similar enrollment...I saw Dematha and St X on TV and yes, St X is good, but, they aren't unbeatable... I'm sure that RB being out made a difference, but, there offense is stoppable. I was much more impressed with there defense... They may big, but, from what I could tell, they weren't huge in the trenches and I think Trinity will match up okay there... T will have to play a near perfect game, but, they are capable of winning. It's not as one-sided as some may think.

 

 

They do dress similar numbers, but X dresses all Juniors and Seniors minus 2 sophomores, a 6-4 QB and a 260 lb. OT.

Well, reasons for picking against Trinity are as follows:

1. X has the top or at the minimum a top 5 team in the nation;

2. They have a great home field crowd/student section;

3. Trinity has a 2 hour bus ride after being in school since 8:00;

4. The game is in Ohio, e.g. Ohio referees;

5. As unususally talented as Trinity is, X has much more talent;

6. This is Trinity's first road game of the year, and first road game for a lot of new starters.

7. X has beaten the number 7 team in the nation and a top team in Ohio without their best player! How would Trinity fair without Phillips or X without Deuce??? Word is Ashley will play on Friday.

 

Trinity is playing a different beast this Friday. With all due respect, this isn't Louisville St. X or Bowling Green. This may be the best team any school from Kentucky has ever faced.

 

I do think Trinity's coaching staff is unmatched.

 

I'm very concerned about Trinity not being able to run the ball. X has 3 stud linebackers who are fast enough to cover our slots in passing downs and defend the stretch very well. That leads to 3rd and longs where they can run a nickel or dime and force Stein to make some difficult decisions and throws.

 

Prediction to come later in week.

 

 

IF there is one thing CR is ........is analytical. Plus, I have found ...one would be hard pressed to find someone with a stonger foundation and understanding of football knowledge - as well as a true feel for the game. He scared the hell out of me............................:scared:

I believe the Rocks can win. If they don't win, I absolutely KNOW they'll give X a great game. I do not see us being blown out, because I know how our teams are prepared for games. I can think of only one game that I felt our coaches were "out coached". And it hasn't happened since. As for our athletes, we probably don't have the same "athletes" of Cincy X. However, I don't think that year after year, we have the same "athletes" as many teams we play. The difference maker can be motivation, and frankly, I feel that Trininty will most definitely play "up" to their competition.

 

 

GO ROCKS!

 

 

That's my girl!!!! :thumb:

The BOMBERS will live up to their name and drop many on Trinity. Welcome to the GCL South, proably one of the premiere if not the best football conference in the country! Bombers in a BIG WAY!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.