Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity/Cincinnati St. Xavier Predictions

Who wins? 189 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Cincinnati St. Xavier in a close one
      36%
      69
    • Cincinnati St. Xavier in a blow out
      42%
      81
    • Trinity in a close one
      18%
      35
    • Trinity in a blow out
      2%
      4

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Welcome to the GCL South, proably one of the premiere if not the best football conference in the country! Bombers in a BIG WAY!

Is Elder in the GCL South or GCL North?

  • Replies 169
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Elder in the GCL South or GCL North?

 

St. X

Elder

Moeller

La Salle

 

This is the GCL South

St. X

Elder

Moeller

La Salle

 

This is the GCL South

Are those all Catholic schools? Who is in the GCL North?

Are those all Catholic schools? Who is in the GCL North?

 

Yes, the GCL stands for the Greater Catholic League. Newport Catholic was a member in the late 60's-1970. The GCL North is comprised of McNicholas, Hamilton Badin, Roger Bacon, Purcell Marion (home of Roger Staubach, who I met today!!!), and I believe Kettering Alter. They are Div.II-IV schools.

Yes, the GCL stands for the Greater Catholic League. Newport Catholic was a member in the late 60's-1970. The GCL North is comprised of McNicholas, Hamilton Badin, Roger Bacon, Purcell Marion (home of Roger Staubach, who I met today!!!), and I believe Kettering Alter. They are Div.II-IV schools.

Thank you.

Yes, the GCL stands for the Greater Catholic League. Newport Catholic was a member in the late 60's-1970. The GCL North is comprised of McNicholas, Hamilton Badin, Roger Bacon, Purcell Marion (home of Roger Staubach, who I met today!!!), and I believe Kettering Alter. They are Div.II-IV schools.

 

Actually, the GCL North has Alter, Carroll, C-J, and Fenwick.

The GCL Central has Badin, McNick, PM, and Bacon.

 

Football - Standings

  • Author

Do Catholic schools in Ohio compete for separate titles than do publics in football? For example, are Elder and Colerain playing for the same state title?

Actually, there is a GCL Central with Alter, Carroll, C-J, and Fenwick.

 

Football - Standings

 

I did not know that. When did they start that?

I'm going to be lazy here, but when was the last time that Trinity was "blown out" by anyone? Not trying to be smart here, but I can't remember a "blow out" (other than the one Lou X meltdown-I don't count that. :D)

Do Catholic schools in Ohio compete for separate titles than do publics in football? For example, are Elder and Colerain playing for the same state title?

 

Yes, but unlike KY, the publics have faired halfway decent since St. Ignatius lost its strangle hold in the mid-90's. I believe that only Elder (twice) and St. X have won in that time period.

Do Catholic schools in Ohio compete for separate titles than do publics in football? For example, are Elder and Colerain playing for the same state title?

D they all compete for the same title as X lost to Colerain last season in the Semi or finals I do not remember which. St Edward has been in the mix the last few years also.

I'm going to be lazy here, but when was the last time that Trinity was "blown out" by anyone? Not trying to be smart here, but I can't remember a "blow out" (other than the one Lou X meltdown-I don't count that. :D)

 

 

Didn't Ben Davis beat them pretty good a few years back.

I did not know that. When did they start that?

 

 

I edited my post as I had the North teams listed in the Central. I'm not for sure when they switched formats.

Didn't Ben Davis beat them pretty good a few years back.

 

I don't know...that's why I'm asking. :lol:

Didn't Ben Davis beat them pretty good a few years back.

 

97 or 98 I think.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.