Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity/Cincinnati St. Xavier Predictions

Who wins? 189 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Cincinnati St. Xavier in a close one
      36%
      69
    • Cincinnati St. Xavier in a blow out
      42%
      81
    • Trinity in a close one
      18%
      35
    • Trinity in a blow out
      2%
      4

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author

I watched X in their opener and they were impressive, sans Darius Ashley. Trinity is at X for this game. X has played a far more demanding schedule. Notwithstanding these facts, and ever the contrarian, I will pick the Rocks in a nailbiter, 27-24. As I noted earlier, you underestimate Trinity at your own peril.

Good luck, Rocks, make a statement for Kentucky high school football.

  • Replies 169
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im with you D, somehow, someway, the Rocks will win this game. May have to come from behind and win on special teams etc., but they find a way. The Shamrock magic will be in full force......

This will be a tough contest no doubt, the X squad will be the ABSOLUTE best Trinity plays all year. With that said, I think the Rocks play a lot more relaxed than usual, because they arent "supposed" to win. I think Superman runs crazy and the Rocks win 21-17

 

Not being expected to win is not a bad thing. The pressure is all on Cincy St. X.

Trinity can win this game as long as they don't get in a slug fest. I don't think X has played a team with the offensive style they have.

Will Trinity be playing any juniors in this game?

This really seems like a moot question to me. One I'm not sure of the implications in the asking. I really don't know of any High School Varsity football team that doesn't play juniors to some degree. Some, more or less than others, but some.

 

IMHO, a coach who chooses not to play juniors, is choosing to be very bad every other year. Trinity has definitely proven that that is not the case in their camp.

I watched X in their opener and they were impressive, sans Darius Ashley. Trinity is at X for this game. X has played a far more demanding schedule. Notwithstanding these facts, and ever the contrarian, I will pick the Rocks in a nailbiter, 27-24. As I noted earlier, you underestimate Trinity at your own peril.

Good luck, Rocks, make a statement for Kentucky high school football.

 

I predict this will be a close game. While I'm not 100% certain Trinity can pull this off, I do hope they can for the sake of Kentucky High School Football. Even keeping it competitive is a plus when going up against a team ranked this high in the national polls.

 

I make no bones about being a Louisville St. X fan. I think everyone on BGP knows that, but I do wish Trinity the best in this game. Especially since they are not playing my beloved Tigers. Two weeks from now; different story.

 

Go Rocks! Get a "W" for the great State of Kentucky!

I predict this will be a close game. While I'm not 100% certain Trinity can pull this off, I do hope they can for the sake of Kentucky High School Football. Even keeping it competitive is a plus when going up against a team ranked this high in the national polls.

 

I make no bones about being a Louisville St. X fan. I think everyone on BGP knows that, but I do wish Trinity the best in this game. Especially since they are not playing my beloved Tigers. Two weeks from now; different story.

 

Go Rocks! Get a "W" for the great State of Kentucky!

This is my thought process in regards to St. Xavier for me.

The weekly MAXpreps national poll has Cincy St X at #2, Trinity at #20 and Dematha at #25.

This really seems like a moot question to me. One I'm not sure of the implications in the asking. I really don't know of any High School Varsity football team that doesn't play juniors to some degree. Some, more or less than others, but some.

 

IMHO, a coach who chooses not to play juniors, is choosing to be very bad every other year. Trinity has definitely proven that that is not the case in their camp.

Birdie, I believe XGRADRockDad was joking with this question...a spinoff of other questions raised on other threads about Trinity playing juniors on the JV.

For all those picking the Rocks to win, which oddly is mainly St. X supporters, do you think Trinity is the better than a top 5 team in the nation? On the road as well? What am I missing here?

^ I look at it in a one game scenario sort of thing....I really think we can be highly successful (particularly this season) in a one game situation against a power....if we played in the GSL this year, maybe not so....but after this week's game, we really only have St. Xavier and then we can coast to the playoffs....that's not the case up there.

Honestly, I never thought that I would hear myself saying this until I watched Xavier on ESPN but I think that the Rocks have a shot at this. I know I voted for X to squeak by. That's my mind, but my heart says that they can do what Highlands did which is upset a good team from Ohio. I know that X is good, but have you looked at Trinity's record in the past?

^ I look at it in a one game scenario sort of thing....I really think we can be highly successful (particularly this season) in a one game situation against a power....if we played in the GSL this year, maybe not so....but after this week's game, we really only have St. Xavier and then we can coast to the playoffs....that's not the case up there.

GCL. I think you're right, T has a shot in a one game scenario, and if there are any Ky teams that could compete in the GCL. T and X would be it. The GCL is one of the premier leagues in the country. Good Luck:banana:

  • Author
For all those picking the Rocks to win, which oddly is mainly St. X supporters, do you think Trinity is the better than a top 5 team in the nation? On the road as well? What am I missing here?

 

I adopt RP's theory in post 86. Also, in the recent past an underdog Trinity has had some success against St. X. :D Finally, in perusing Trinity supporters posts this year it has become apparent that the Rocks have an unusually talented team this year, and Trinity posters have often noted that their coach is unmatched. Why not pick Trinity?

 

What say you? Some normally boisterous Rock fans have been unusually quiet on this thread. Do you care to venture a prediction in writing?

I adopt RP's theory in post 86. Also, in the recent past an underdog Trinity has had some success against St. X. :D Finally, in perusing Trinity supporters posts this year it has become apparent that the Rocks have an unusually talented team this year, and Trinity posters have often noted that their coach is unmatched. Why not pick Trinity?

 

What say you? Some normally boisterous Rock fans have been unusually quiet on this thread. Do you care to venture a prediction in writing?

 

 

For me at least.....could be a bit of "whistling past the graveyard." Appreciate all of the kind words and support...esp. from all the good X folk...but it is a bit unusual - for the Rocks - to be picked as such an underdog. We've pulled some out in the past...and hopefully we can again Friday. I would like to think we have remained appropriately humble. I give big credit to the other teams who line up to play us (and are on paper perhaps "overmatched').....so we should be ready to do the same.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.