Kids Today

Blue Blazer

Last night I had the priviledge to attend the Raceland vs. Bath Co. Volleyball Match. Raceland won the match 25-10, 25-16. I went to support a coaching friend of mine from Raceland. I was there to show support to him for the Alli LeMaster game, a girl from Raceland who was supposed to be on this team, but was in a tragic boating accident last May that took her life. Kids today many times get bad raps for being self absorbed, spoiled, and in general over protected. However as I was visiting with him after the match his senior hitter Paige Vanhoose who was named player of the game and given a nice trophy came up to him wanting to give back her trophy. She stated the team won the award. Paige went through the crowd and found Alli's mom and presented her with the trophy and embraced her with a big hug and tears began to flow. I thought WOW!! There is a kid that sees the greater and is selfless. What a great display of Team and Self to sacrifice personal glorification for the good of others. This is what sports is supposed to build. CHARACTER!! Nice job Lady Rams and Paige Vanhoose!!!!!

Very nice story...I like to hear positive things about our athletes. I have seen some nice examples of good sportsmanship, respect and admiration for fellow athletes this year in many Volleyball games.!

It is truly a team sport and the young lady above sounds like she really is a team player!

What a story GG, I am glad that you have posted this and Thank You. Kids today certainlly get the "ink" and talk when the screw up but stories like this one too often go w/o notice. As for the Porter girl you were speaking of, she comes from a very good family and this act does not suprise me one bit.

Transy will be getting two good ones in Paige and her twin sister Katelynd who have signed on with them to further their sports and educational carrers. Good luck to these girls. Kudos to their parents, coach and teammates - All are Class Acts all the way around. :thumb:

With all the negative talk we hear about our youth today it is fantastic to hear about a story like this. A big Thank You to Golden Gopher for sharing it with us.

Congratulations to Paige Vanhoose on being named the MVP. You also get my vote for the title of Hometown Hero. Your actions and compassion for others have taught us all a lesson in life.

You have made all of the Raceland/Worthington community very proud.

Great story GG, thanks for sharing with everyone. Paige and this whole group of girls that have played basketball, softball, and volleyball together has accomplished so much together and has suffered so much together, I hate to see them leave, it seems as if they have been here forever. They are a very good group of young ladies and have, forever, made an impression on the history of Raceland.

Thank you OR for the kudos about my girls, but this was Paige VanHoose who is currently a sr. at Raceland. She is also the pitcher for our softball team. She is always upbeat and smiling! Her family is very respectable also. Great job Raceland Lady Rams! This volleyball program rocks!

Last night I had the privilege to attend the Raceland vs. Bath Co. Volleyball Match. Raceland won the match 25-10, 25-16. I went to support a coaching friend of mine from Raceland. I was there to show support to him for the Alli LeMaster game, a girl from Raceland who was supposed to be on this team, but was in a tragic boating accident last May that took her life. Kids today many times get bad raps for being self absorbed, spoiled, and in general over protected. However as I was visiting with him after the match his senior hitter Paige Vanhoose who was named player of the game and given a nice trophy came up to him wanting to give back her trophy. She stated the team won the award. Paige went through the crowd and found Alli's mom and presented her with the trophy and embraced her with a big hug and tears began to flow. I thought WOW!! There is a kid that sees the greater and is selfless. What a great display of Team and Self to sacrifice personal glorification for the good of others. This is what sports is supposed to build. CHARACTER!! Nice job Lady Rams and Paige Vanhoose!!!!!
Thank you very much, for the post. We need more positives in HS athletics today and this young lady, has the team concept first.

:thumb:

Thank you OR for the kudos about my girls, but this was Paige VanHoose who is currently a sr. at Raceland. She is also the pitcher for our softball team. She is always upbeat and smiling! Her family is very respectable also. Great job Raceland Lady Rams! This volleyball program rocks!

I really screwed up.................again:D , see what happens when Ramblers get old? We don't go away we just suffer brain farts and lose our minds :lol: .

Actually, I thought that I was wrong once but I was mistaken. :lol:

My apologies to Ms. Vanhoose and family.

Paige Vanhoose is obviously a fine young lady as well as the Porter girls that I had mistakenly mentioned in my earlier post.

With all the negative talk we hear about our youth today it is fantastic to hear about a story like this. A big Thank You to Golden Gopher for sharing it with us.

Congratulations to Paige Vanhoose on being named the MVP. You also get my vote for the title of Hometown Hero. Your actions and compassion for others have taught us all a lesson in life.

You have made all of the Raceland/Worthington community very proud.

:thumb: Imo someone should nominate her to WSAZ t.v. for this weekly award that they give out for local people doing good for the community and showing compassion for others. This would be a perfect story for them.